Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » When was the last time you used fresh garlic? I put some in a batch of pickled eggs today.

When was the last time you used fresh garlic? I put some in a batch of pickled eggs today.

Posted - July 12, 2022

Responses

Last week in black bean soup.
      July 12, 2022 4:23 PM MDT

I don’t do any of the cooking, not even the preparations, but my wife keeps a cove-load of fresh garlic in the kitchen and uses it several times a week in one way or another. The most recent time was a few days ago she made fried rice that had tiny bits of diced garlic mixed in as part of her recipe, and it was delicious. I ate that, does it count as a valid answer to your question?
    ~

July 12, 2022 4:59 PM MDT

Of course. Jeez, cant you even chop the garlic? I need to make some of that with chopped up shrimps.
      July 12, 2022 5:30 PM MDT

She doesn’t want me in the way. Much of her cooking is done the way she grew up with back in her home country, and my bumbling lummox methods of search-and-destroy only complicate things, causing her to repair the damage I do and start over. That’s why I’m banished from the kitchen. Every now and then she used to give me a minor task or two, but she micro-managed them so much that we just ended up fussing with each other and she usually redid my projects anyway. Time and trials have brought us to where we are today. My job in the kitchen is to eat, that’s all I’m good at doing.
    ~

July 12, 2022 5:41 PM MDT

I hope she makes good sammiches. My wife and I made a deal. We have a small kitchen, so when one of us is cooking, the other stays out and does not interfere unless asked for help. I remember years ago I was preparing a complicated meal that required perfect timing, and my sister-in-law came in and volunteered to help. I told her no thank you, but she insisted. Then my wife came in and did the same. I just said "OK, call me when it's ready." and came up here. They screwed it all up and it was inedible. Never again.
      July 12, 2022 5:52 PM MDT

July 12, 2022 5:57 PM MDT

Today.
      July 12, 2022 6:38 PM MDT

About 5 days ago, I think. 

July 12, 2022 6:41 PM MDT

I usually buy it pre-minced, it's a chore to crush it - and frequently I can't buy fresh Australian garlic. I avoid imports where possible. My daughter used thinly sliced pieces of fresh garlic in the crackling of a pork roast a bit over a week ago.
      July 12, 2022 6:52 PM MDT