Discussion » Questions » Language » In addition to those listed below, what are some other verbs that are also things worn by humans?

In addition to those listed below, what are some other verbs that are also things worn by humans?

Watch. Ring. Coat. Shoe. Sock. Belt. Tie. Pants. Vest. Scarf. Cast. Sling. Brace. Collar. Skirt. Button. Pin. Tag. Label. Chain. Blindfold. Mask. Shades.
~

Posted - July 20, 2022

Responses

cap
    dress
    cloak
    suit
    strap
    buckle
    lace
    hose
    snorkel
    camouflage
    muff
    band
    jacket
    patch
    disguise
    wrap
    outfit
    diaper
    shroud
    gear
    boot
    purse This post was edited by Flint Ironstag at July 24, 2022 3:51 AM MDT
      July 21, 2022 2:06 AM MDT

Is there some purpose to your asking the question and then giving more than half the answers?  
      July 21, 2022 10:51 AM MDT

Just looking at Flint’s response indicates that there are far, far more answers and/or possible answers than the ones I started with, which means I did not nor could not have given more than half. 

As to why I started with so many of them, when I first thought of posting the question, I was under the impression that there were only five or six answers that I could come up with on my own, and as I typed them in, more and more of them begin to occur to me. I was soon on a roll. Truthfully, I even saw it from your perspective; that I had possibly exhausted the entire list. Meh, I’ll post it anyway to see if other people could or would find responses that I had missed, and I am very glad to see that I was far off the mark in thinking that no more examples could be found. I like that aspect of these types of questions: the collective effort exhibits much more creativity than my feeble mind can conjure up on any particular subject. 

Thank you for asking, it is possible that others share your viewpoint, and you opened the door for me to explain how and why I did it that way.

~

July 21, 2022 11:56 AM MDT

Thanks for the explanation.  However, and I speak only for myself, when I see that many already in your post, I don't even bother to look for more.
      July 21, 2022 3:01 PM MDT

Ok, that’s your right.
      ~

July 21, 2022 4:17 PM MDT

That’s just randy Randy being Randy and randy.
      July 24, 2022 3:53 AM MDT

Shorts
    Cup
    Pad
    Slip
    Stud
    Lashes
    Powder
    Blush
    Polish
    Shadow

Hey! It turns out that many if not most things worn by humans can also be verbs! 

July 24, 2022 3:16 AM MDT

~

July 24, 2022 6:27 AM MDT