Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Language » Another word challenge. Can you take a word, split it into two other words and use them in the same sentence? (either order)

Another word challenge. Can you take a word, split it into two other words and use them in the same sentence? (either order)

No compound words, please.

At dinner, I was reading as I ate, and noticed a missing hyphen between two words.

Posted - August 8, 2022

Responses

You have to rat her out.
    Don't be an idiot.
    Shall we have another go at it?
      August 9, 2022 12:26 AM MDT

LOL.
      August 9, 2022 4:32 AM MDT

Me, too!
      August 10, 2022 6:50 PM MDT

HA!!  :)   :)
      August 10, 2022 6:49 PM MDT

Originally, I was going to ask a librarian to assist me with this, but when I went to get her, she saw my rough draft and reminded me that you clearly stated two words, not three.  That means that the person who was supposed to be my ally at the origin of this venture eventually became my nemesis. Grrrrrrr.

~

October 23, 2022 9:16 AM MDT

When the Australian was paroled from the American prison after serving his sentence for attempted smuggling of Vegemite into the US, he was destitute and had no passport, could not return Down Under and had no place to live, so the warden arranged to allow the con to live in a tent on the prison’s outer grounds. Typical Aussie, he’s very happy there.
    ~

October 23, 2022 9:26 AM MDT