Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The FBI search at Mar-a-Lago showed us how modern US conservatism can be be reduced to the following three points:

The FBI search at Mar-a-Lago showed us how modern US conservatism can be be reduced to the following three points:

1. Republicans whining about their victimhood.
2. Republicans demanding special treatment to reverse their victimization.
3. If special treatment is denied, Republicans and the right in general asserting a right to commit violence and break rules in response.

Have I summed it up succinctly and accurately? Have I missed anything?

Posted - August 11, 2022

Responses

Not special treatment.  Just unbiased treatment. 

The law should being enforced should not depend on what party you belong. 

Obama took 30Millions documents home with him to the Obama Foundation. National archives still do not have them. (added----or at least they have not been digitized as they were supposed to be a year ago) 

Hillary had her own email server.  Hillary deleted 30K emails. Destroyed laptops/servers/phones AFTER a supena was issued for them.  

Clinton's stole WH furniture when they left.  

Numerous people lied to Congress under oath about Benghzi, Fast and Furious,  the IRS scandal...    No one paid any penalties. This post was edited by my2cents at August 15, 2022 2:33 PM MDT
      August 11, 2022 5:40 PM MDT

He’s been playing the victim ever since he lost the election, and the party followed him down the rabbit hole. Why don’t you wait until the search warrant is unsealed and see what the facts are?
      August 11, 2022 6:40 PM MDT

I did not post the question.... 

I do not have to wait to see how they treated conservatives who were found in contempt of Congress.  And how they treated Dems for the same thing.  
     Violations of 4th amendment....but only if you are a Trump supporter.
      August 11, 2022 7:12 PM MDT

Hillary didn't incite insurrection when she actually won the popular vote but lost the election due to a built-in gerrymander.
      August 12, 2022 7:47 AM MDT

Yawn......statewide elections CANNOT be gerrymandering.  (This has been explained to you many times) 

Hillary destroyed evidence under supena from the FBI.  Both electronically and physically.   Classified doctuments....and she had not power to declassify anything.. 
      August 12, 2022 6:32 PM MDT

One vote in Wyoming equals seven votes in California. That's how a gerrymander works, how it was achieved is immaterial (Hillary got a LOT more votes than Trump, but the way that the College is rigged, that didn't translate to votes on the floor). The influence is disproportionate to the population. There are more voters in DC, they don't get represented in the Senate at all. There are also more citizens of voting age in Puerto Rico (who would almost certainly vote blue) who get NO representation. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 13, 2022 2:22 AM MDT
      August 13, 2022 2:21 AM MDT

No, that is not at all how a gerrymander works.  It works by the party in power moving the DISTRICT lines to keep incumbents in power. Putting more Dems in a Dem area...making it easier for that Dem to stay  in power.  

They locked the House Reps to a small number. Founders never meant for a Representative to speak for 100ks of people.  
      August 14, 2022 6:51 PM MDT

You missed deflection and counteraccusations, but I see someone just posted some examples.
      August 12, 2022 7:46 AM MDT

To show the bias you have to show both sides being treated differently.for the same actions. 
      August 12, 2022 6:34 PM MDT

Exactly what penalties has Trump paid for anything so far? 

BTW. the Clintons paid for or returned any gifts that the took from the WH that turned out to be intended for the WH and not personal gifts. The  National Archives said that Obama did not remove any documents. Hillary was not charged because they could not prove intent. So, we will have to wait and see if Trump's treatment is any different. My money is on him having  no charges or penalties.

August 12, 2022 9:56 PM MDT

Let me raid your home with 30 officers and you tell me you suffered no penalties. 

Mike Flynn was in jail for doing his job. (Logan act...only person even charged in the last 150yrs)
    Steve Bannon arrested for contempt of Congress.
    Narraro also arrested for contempt of Congress.

Name one Democrat who has been arrested for contempt of Congress.....

Obama did indeed take 30M docts to Chicago (Hoffman Estates) to be digitized....they have not been. 

https://www.obama.org/wp-content/uploads/BOF-NARA-LOI.pdf 

Hillary was not charged because normally the FBI tries not to affect an upcoming election.  (They have since abandoned that rule) And after the election Trump said to let it go, we do not want to appear as a banana Republic.  How can it be claimed she had not intent? She literally deleted emails and then Physically destroyed the phones and labtops...hammers and bleach.   AFTER a supena had been issued.  She absolutely intented to destroy the doctuments  and any way to retrieve them.

Let you or I delete  anything under a supena.  Just take a hammer to it and see what they do....

This post was edited by my2cents at August 14, 2022 7:18 PM MDT
      August 14, 2022 7:11 PM MDT

You're still spouting disinformation which can easily be checked if you cared to do so. Neither side is blameless when it comes to twisting the facts to make the other look bad. But Trump brings it to a whole new level because he knows he will be believed no matter how outrageously he lies. I could keep going back and forth with you, but it's a total waste of time. 

August 14, 2022 7:36 PM MDT

I just gave you the agreement posted by the Obama Foundation.  The agreement says they will transfer the docs to the NARA....  But I am the one spouting disinformation. 

FBI is who said Hillary deleted the emails after the supena was issued. She disputes that they were related to SOS work.   Again, this is not misinformation. 

Again...name a Dem who has been arrested for contempt of Congress or charged under the Logan Act.

August 15, 2022 12:21 PM MDT

Read the agreement you posted where it says FROM Hoffman Estates. Then look up what was in Hoffman Estates. If that's too hard, just read this.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2022/8/12/23303386/obama-presidential-library-records-documents-classified-unclassified-trump-search-warrant

I haven't said anything about Hillary's emails, so where did that come from?   I could post James Comey's statement which contradicts what you said but it's pointless to try to educate you.

I am not interested in correcting your opinions,  just your facts. As far as I know, you are correct about arrests and the Logan Act and I  have not commented on that.

August 15, 2022 1:43 PM MDT

I do not understand who we read the same document but and quote the same part put see the total opposite....

Exactly it says "FROM" Hoffman Estates....TO NARA facility.  To be moved to the NARA facility they could not have been there all along.  The agreement posted by Obama Foundation gives the date Sept, 2018 they are still at Hoffman Estates at that point NOT NARA. 

If you want to say, BUT OF had permission from the start fine.  But that is not what is being claimed in the statements by the NARA. It is being claimed they had possession from 2017,  either they are lying/incorrect or OF has posted a lie.  Cannot be both are correct.

I brought up Hillary in my original answer above which you referenced in you original answer on this question.  (It is one of my examples to show the biases against CONSERVATIVES not just Trump)  You also brought it up in this thread above reply #2)

"The Clinton campaign previously had indicated that her personal emails were deleted before Clinton received a congressional subpoena on March 4, 2015. But the FBI said her emails were deleted “between March 25-31, 2015” — three weeks after the subpoena."
    https://www.factcheck.org/2016/09/the-fbi-files-on-clintons-emails/ This post was edited by my2cents at August 15, 2022 2:36 PM MDT
      August 15, 2022 2:29 PM MDT