Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » What's the punchline to one of your favorite jokes?

What's the punchline to one of your favorite jokes?

For example: That's not a Porsche,  it's a Ferrari. 

Posted - August 29, 2022

Responses

In my family, the most notorious joke is called the "Wishy Washy" joke. My kid brother brought it home from middle school and insisted on telling it to anyone who would listen. He even told it when we had guests from Hungary to dinner who didn't speak English well, so their daughter translated it. You know, the words "wishy washy" are the same in Hungarian. Ask any of my siblings (we're all in our 70s) and they will be able to tell that joke,

The last line of the joke is "wishy washy, wishy washy"! This post was edited by NYAD at December 9, 2022 9:08 AM MST
      December 5, 2022 10:40 AM MST

So you told us all that without sharing the joke?
      December 5, 2022 10:48 AM MST

She asked for the punchline.

I also warned that it came from a middle schooler.

If you really want me to post the whole thing, I will. This post was edited by NYAD at December 9, 2022 9:08 AM MST
      December 5, 2022 11:07 AM MST

If you really want me to post the whole thing, I will.”

We do. 
    ~

December 5, 2022 10:11 PM MST

The "joke" is actually a visual, the teller of the joke is an actor in a TV commercial:

*Introducing the new laundry detergent, "Wishy Washy"! (holds up imaginary bottle)
    *I will demonstrate with mommy's blouse. (holds up imaginary garment)
    *Actor bends over with elbows going up and down as if using a washing board, saying "wishy washy, wishy washy".
    *Holds up imaginary garment near to face, smiles and says, "aah".
    *Let's try baby's diaper. (Holds up imaginary garment)
    *Actor bends over with elbows going up and down saying, "wishy washy, wishy washy".
    *Holds up imaginary garment near to face, smiles and says, "aah".
    *Now we'll try daddy's socks. (Holds up imaginary socks)
    *Actor bends over with elbows going up and down saying, "wishy washy, wishy washy".
    *Holds up imaginary garment near to face, frowns, bends over and says, "wishy washy, wishy washy". This post was edited by NYAD at December 9, 2022 6:53 PM MST
      December 6, 2022 9:33 AM MST