Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Romaine or Iceberg lettuce?

Romaine or Iceberg lettuce?

Posted - November 7, 2016

Responses

Butter lettuce way better. 
      November 7, 2016 12:20 PM MST

Iceberg is my least favorite.

I love either Boston lettuce or arugula for a salad.
      November 7, 2016 12:23 PM MST

That too.
      November 7, 2016 1:46 PM MST

• I wish they made a cologne that smells like fresh-cut lettuce.
      November 7, 2016 12:28 PM MST

Iceberg This post was edited by MunchkinakaCottonCandy at November 7, 2016 12:56 PM MST
      November 7, 2016 12:55 PM MST

I like all of the lettuces.  Between iceberg and romaine, I like romaine without the stems.............that's a chore.  I like the green iceberg leaves for sandwiches.  I don't like the white part of iceberg.  I'm very high maintenance in this subject.  For salad I really like mixing several lettuces along with baby spinach leaves which have been removed from their stems.  I have to do all of this myself as I have yet to find any of it destemmed.  I really love the center green part of iceberg, but that is just a few bites per head.  
      November 7, 2016 1:16 PM MST

• Several years ago I made a salad from all sorts of green and red and yellow I was able to buy. I forgot how many kinds = that was the best salad ever, according also to our guests from Germany. I cannot do that all the time because my refrigeration in our camper trailer does not allow a massive buy like that. Otherwise we like all veggies not so expensive.
      November 7, 2016 1:43 PM MST

For salads:

1/2 Spinach/Spring mix 
    1/2 Butter lettuce 

Plus carrot, onion, cherry tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, toasted sunflower seed and/or pecan, ground black pepper, a little ranch sauce or salsa, plus a little shredded cheese. It's also nice to have pickled Pepperoncini on the side. 
      November 7, 2016 2:19 PM MST

• Sounds nice to me! 
      November 7, 2016 2:26 PM MST