Discussion » Questions » Politics » So the Trump organization has been convicted of fraud. What excuses will "the usual suspects" employ to justify him this time?

So the Trump organization has been convicted of fraud. What excuses will "the usual suspects" employ to justify him this time?

Posted - December 7, 2022

Responses

They will say that it wasn't Trump himself that was convicted, it was the organization and that Trump knew nothing about what was going on at which point, his pants will combust.  Trump hovers over everyone and everything within his orbit so you can't expect me to believe he knew nothing about the documents he signed.
      December 7, 2022 6:47 AM MST

Executives conspired to cheat on their taxes....one was in charge of the payroll.  So he made sure the perks were not reported as income. 

The docts Trump himself signed were paying those perks.  He would have every reason to believe the person(s) being paid to record and report these earning would do their jobs. 
      December 7, 2022 7:26 AM MST

They may say he was not aware of it, but he should have known. In the corporation where I worked, if someone in your chain of command did something illegal, you were held responsible as well. Ignorance was not an excuse. Your job was to know what your employees were doing. This post was edited by Jane S at December 7, 2022 2:43 PM MST
      December 7, 2022 7:59 AM MST

I'm sure they will blame it on the employees and claim Trump knew nothing about it. And because the trial was quick  they will claim it was a kangaroo court that was hell bent on making Trump look bad to destroy his presidential bid. This is not the first time the Trump organization was caught mis using funds. Awhile back Trump used funds to buy himself things like a huge painting of himself and a collectable sports helmet. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at December 7, 2022 2:43 PM MST
      December 7, 2022 9:31 AM MST