Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Would you do Time Travel? Scientists say it is possible.

Would you do Time Travel? Scientists say it is possible.

I would never do time travel, even if it would be possible. Going into the past does only make sense for one who had lost all his memory - and tinkering with the past would be an act with unknown consequences - like Russian Roulette. Traveling into the future would only make sense doing it with company because you would feel lonesome otherwise, There is nobody you know, all landscapes you thought you know would have changed.....My mind sees the entire concept as a nightmare. I am a person of the present. I do not even want to know how or when I die.

Posted - November 8, 2016

Responses

• Time travel is possible, but this is not how it works as implied in your description.
      November 8, 2016 7:21 AM MST

Time travel can be made possible by 'opening the eyes of the subconscious mind ' . Eg Abe Lincoln had that experience when he foresaw his own funeral 10 days before he was assassinated. 

Going back in time can happen too but how do I get past the day my life began? Would be nice if I could and maybe end up in the Garden of Eden during the days of creation and get my name in the bible. 
      November 8, 2016 7:59 AM MST

What scientists?  This is not possible. 

You cannot go into the future and alter anything nor the past.

The closest you can approach anything remotely like this is if you have some psychic ability but that is hardly controllable and you certainly cannot move ahead and change anything that is about to happen from a different vantage point in time and no one can alter the past and no one ever has.

November 8, 2016 8:04 AM MST

• http://physics.about.com/od/timetravel/f/timetravel.htm
      November 8, 2016 8:26 AM MST

• Thank you for the link, Glis. We cannot simply state that it is not true because it never happened. There are scientists who work by the basis of metaphysics, their work is more or less theorethical and borders on fiction. What in earlier times would have been seen as fiction or totally impossible, is true today and experienced every day. And the old saying says: What can be imagined, can be done". That might also apply to modern theories. We are not there yet......It is not written in stone what I think about it either.....it is just a magical thought.....
      November 8, 2016 10:53 AM MST

• I am very interested in this kind of stuff, of researching sub-atomic particles and their abilities. I read tons of books about Metaphysic and ESP (extra sensory perception). Please, read my comment to Glis's post, Sharonna.
      November 8, 2016 10:58 AM MST