Zack
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Is your residence 'Air BNB' ready?

Is your residence 'Air BNB' ready?

Posted - January 17

• 8580
    Yes, except for installing the hidden cameras.
    2

• 51460

Hey, wait . . .

~

1

• 8580
    They are legal in common spaces like the living room and kitchen. Are you OK with that?
    2

• 51460

Oh. I wasn’t aware of that. Is it a Minnesota thing, or an AirBnB thing? My wife and I stayed at an AirBnB house on our most recent vacation, it was a first for us. The thought that cameras were monitoring us or may have been monitoring us, especially hidden ones, is surprising.

(Of course, I have installed all types of monitoring devices and recording devices in the sub-basement, but they are a completely different story, that’s more of a workplace situation than a living space or even a leisure area. I have to protect the brand, you see. Grrrrrrr.)

~

1

• 8580
    Actually, they are not supposed to be hidden and guests should be told about them as well as any audio recording devices. Always check the fine print! That said, there are many stories about hidden cameras in private area of AirBnB 's. 
    2

• 51460

And all along I thought you were kidding.
      ~

2

• 43088
    You missed her error.
    0

• 51460

Come now, Professor! You should know by now that she enjoys a healthy dose of favoritism from me!

Officers are given wide latitude when and where to apply regulatory action, and are not even expected to execute a zero-defect policy of every single suspected infraction. I turn a blind eye in enforcement decisions all the time, more often than you might realize.

(Whatever you do, please don’t tell Stu about any of this:he keeps a rather large file chronicling my transgressions and is constantly turning them over to Internal Affairs. I believe it’s a jealousy thing. Grrrrrrr.)

You, on the other hand, Professor, need to know that I exercised that same discretion in your case by intentionally not citing your post for the erred way you posted Air BNB as opposed to AirBnB. Some gratitude, trying to get The Favored Babe in trouble yet overlooking the fact that you were also spared. How now, brown cow? Grrrrrrr.

~

0

• 30346
    Nope. But that is the plan in a few years. 
    2

• 1042
    Not hardly!
    3