Discussion » Questions » Travel » Is your residence 'Air BNB' ready?

Is your residence 'Air BNB' ready?

Posted - January 17, 2023

Responses

Yes, except for installing the hidden cameras.
      January 17, 2023 11:19 AM MST

Hey, wait . . .

~

January 17, 2023 4:16 PM MST

They are legal in common spaces like the living room and kitchen. Are you OK with that?
      January 17, 2023 6:02 PM MST

Oh. I wasn’t aware of that. Is it a Minnesota thing, or an AirBnB thing? My wife and I stayed at an AirBnB house on our most recent vacation, it was a first for us. The thought that cameras were monitoring us or may have been monitoring us, especially hidden ones, is surprising.

(Of course, I have installed all types of monitoring devices and recording devices in the sub-basement, but they are a completely different story, that’s more of a workplace situation than a living space or even a leisure area. I have to protect the brand, you see. Grrrrrrr.)

~

January 17, 2023 7:04 PM MST

Actually, they are not supposed to be hidden and guests should be told about them as well as any audio recording devices. Always check the fine print! That said, there are many stories about hidden cameras in private area of AirBnB 's. 
      January 17, 2023 9:26 PM MST

And all along I thought you were kidding.
      ~

January 17, 2023 11:12 PM MST

You missed her error.
      January 18, 2023 1:52 PM MST

Come now, Professor! You should know by now that she enjoys a healthy dose of favoritism from me!

Officers are given wide latitude when and where to apply regulatory action, and are not even expected to execute a zero-defect policy of every single suspected infraction. I turn a blind eye in enforcement decisions all the time, more often than you might realize.

(Whatever you do, please don’t tell Stu about any of this:he keeps a rather large file chronicling my transgressions and is constantly turning them over to Internal Affairs. I believe it’s a jealousy thing. Grrrrrrr.)

You, on the other hand, Professor, need to know that I exercised that same discretion in your case by intentionally not citing your post for the erred way you posted Air BNB as opposed to AirBnB. Some gratitude, trying to get The Favored Babe in trouble yet overlooking the fact that you were also spared. How now, brown cow? Grrrrrrr.

~

January 18, 2023 3:33 PM MST

Nope. But that is the plan in a few years. 
      January 17, 2023 5:09 PM MST

Not hardly!
      January 18, 2023 9:27 AM MST

Hell - - and I do mean hell -- no.

My place is my place.
    No one would want to pay to live here for a spell. If someone did, he/she/they would find something that did not fit into their vision of their BNB Dream:

- Countless matted-and-framed original movie posters ( a few movies they might know; most friends have not seen most of the movies of which I have hanging posters).

- An "I Love Lucy"-themed kitchen.

- The one-and-only bathroom has only one piece of art on one wall --  a framed photo of Janet Leigh in the shower from "Psycho."

- Male-nudes photo art in the upstairs.

- A life-sized "A Christmas Story" leg lamp stays up all year at one window

- One room has several pieces of framed artwork revolving around the Johnstown, Pennsylvania Flood of 1889

- One wall has lots of 1968 "Night of the Living Dead" movie memorabilia

- A Simple Minds-themed wall (my favorite music group)

- Michael Stipe, Enigma and Supertramp framed wall artwork

I base my assumption that people would not enjoy my place partly because, just tonight, I remember talking with a good friend about how my 'take' on Mary Tyler Moore's character in the film "Ordinary People" is opposite of seemingly the world's opinion of her -- everyone with whom I've talked, and everything I've read, seems to judge her character as a real bi**h. I find her character simply trying to deal with life's challenges as best she can - - just like anyone would do in the terribly challenging events portrayed in the movie.

I sometimes don't 'fit' in the world like others do and I think they possibly would not fit into my home

Oh, yeah -- and like I've shared many times here, I found "Forrest Gump" a really, really annoying movie and Tom Hanks' performance really overrated.

:)
    :)

Whoa - - this answer is way overboard, ha

June 29, 2023 9:14 PM MDT

Way!!
      June 30, 2023 7:44 AM MDT

Yup, that's me.
      June 30, 2023 8:03 PM MDT