Active Now

Element 99
Maurice214
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » Did you know of anybody who got exactly what they wanted but then through it all away?

Did you know of anybody who got exactly what they wanted but then through it all away?

Posted - February 9, 2023

Responses

Sounds like a pipe dream to me. Never met anyone who got everything they always wanted nor anyone who was stupid enough to throw it all away. 

February 10, 2023 5:29 AM MST

Possibly some fictional people in Paul Thomas Anderson's excellent-to-me movie "magnolia."

Based on your question, I highly recommend the movie if you've not seen it.

And this song, written and performed by Aimee Mann, is in the movie

"Wise Up"

I "beyond love" this song.
    Here's a video with the song lyrics.

EDIT:    :)   I saw one of your comments elsewhere and I'm letting you know Tom Cruise is in the movie. By far, it's the best thing I've ever seen him do in a movie.
    And it's a movie that must be seen in its entirety. A viewer has no idea what the movie is about unless the viewer watches all of it.

Boy, I think strongly about this movie, don t I?  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 13, 2023 8:42 PM MST
      February 13, 2023 7:49 PM MST

That's all great Welby, but, but as an add in duh, you can clear your head by crying as a kid about you can't possibly clear your head by crying as an adult. Aimee Mann! I got to watch that video, but, Tom Cruise has be in rightfully abused by a new band called Com Truise! I never watched Rainman with him but I must. I just must.
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 14, 2023 6:37 PM MST
      February 13, 2023 8:13 PM MST

With your poignant reply here, I even very much more recommend the movie "magnolia." It addresses similar points you have specifically brought up here.  :)   Cool!

I'm getting ready to eat a very late supper and then to bed -- and I hope to listen to the album you posted here.

Good to see you!  :)

EDIT: Earlier  I wrote "matinee" instead of "magnolia." God, what is my probleme lately?

EDIT #2 -- and I had "song" instread of "album."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 28, 2023 10:34 AM MDT
      February 14, 2023 6:39 PM MST

Emotional up eel about it. I have to try to watch Magnolia and not be put out. I am often put out to pasture.
      May 28, 2023 10:24 AM MDT