Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think Trump ever got his palm greesed while he was in the WH?

Do you think Trump ever got his palm greesed while he was in the WH?

I think he did many times. And lately I have been thinking the reason he reversed the Obama train safety rules was to get a kick back from the train company's. At that time the train company's were saying it would cost then over 3 billion dollars to follow the new rules. And I think Trump saw it as a opportunity to make a few bucks so he held out his hand and told the train company's he would reverse the rule if they greased his palm. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - February 25, 2023

Responses

Of course he did.  That's the way he runs (and he sees nothing wrong with it).   His presidency was a "for profit" presidency.
      February 25, 2023 9:37 AM MST

Trump openly curried favor with big business and foreign powers with the intent of getting votes, benefitting his businesses, and creating new business opportunities for himself. Every single thing he says.or does is first and foremost for his own personal gain. I'm sure there were companies lining up to offer him lucrative deals in exchange for Trump using his office to get rid of pesky regulations that cut into their profits.
      February 25, 2023 10:01 AM MST

Lol.....
    Why do you think Hunter Biden, John Kerry's son, Pelosi's son and Romney all got jobs working for a Urkaine gas Co? Think they all had to give 10% for the Big Guys/Gals or was that just Hunter? 

Joe's family got in on Obamacare money and Iraq money....

Michelle Obama got all kinds of speaking fees after Barrack got elected, so did Hillary...

Bill and Hillary basically rented rooms out the WH. 

But sure, let's pretend it was all Trump. 

The RR must have paid Biden and Mayor Pete because it has been more than 2 yrs and they have not changed the rule. 

This post was edited by my2cents at February 25, 2023 1:35 PM MST
      February 25, 2023 11:47 AM MST

Do you know what the major difference between Trump and all the others you named?  TRUMP WAS THE PRESIDENT.  
      February 25, 2023 1:52 PM MST

Bill Clinton, Obama, and Biden were NOT Presidents??? May want to check your history.
      February 25, 2023 3:34 PM MST

Do you really think that every former president doesn't get paid for speeches they give?  Did Barak Obama get his palms greased when in office?  Can you prove that President Biden got his palm greased by the railroads?  How about all the greasing Trump's kids got while he was president?  Mega-loans from the Saudis, Ivanka's 28 Chinese trademarks?  Those don't count, right? 

Maybe you're the one who needs to do some checking.  
      February 26, 2023 12:20 PM MST

Obama sold gov jobs to people...during office. https://www.politico.com/story/2011/06/obama-donors-net-government-jobs-056993

Trump's kids got out of international business when Trump was elected....however, that is when Biden's FAMILY (not just his kids) got into international business. 

Hunter's millions from Chinese banks. After traveling, to China WITH the Big Guy.  

IF the Kushner's did anything illegal then charge them.  

I am not the one who claimed the RR paid to get rid of regulations but the rule was not changed so...why not? They have been in power over 2 yrs....another case them not doing their job. Or they got paid.

Mayor Pete and Biden admin need to do their job and take care of those people in OH. The only reason Mayor even showed up was because Trump was coming. Biden instead of going to OH even to Ukraine and promising them more of our tax money. But nothing for the Americans.
      February 26, 2023 1:04 PM MST

You really do wear blinders, don't you.  No point in arguing with you - you will never see anything wrong in what Trump or his family did.  And, by the way, Ivanka got her trademarks while Trump was in office, but don't let facts get in your way.  I'm done.
      February 27, 2023 8:45 AM MST

As I said if anything the Kushners did was illegal then charge them. Just as I said about Hunter and co, Obama, Clinton's etc. Charge them. 

But out system will never charge any of them....they are too well connected and have too much money.

Trump however is the only politician to lose money while in office. 

February 27, 2023 8:59 AM MST

Takes quite a talent to do that.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2019/08/14/no-trump-is-not-losing-3-to-5-billion-from-presidency/
      February 27, 2023 6:31 PM MST

Forbes pegged Trump’s fortune at $4.5 billion in 2015. Today we estimate it to be $3.1 billion, a drop of $1.4 billion.
    (From you link)

As Truman said, Show me a man who gets rich as a politician, and 
    I will so you a crook. 

Given the financial status of most of our politician before and after election, that says a lot. 

February 27, 2023 8:03 PM MST

Where did I  dispute that? The link just explained why he lost money and it wasn't because of being President. My response was meant to point out that if every other president got richer in office, Trump must have worked hard to avoid it.
      February 27, 2023 9:00 PM MST

Then he did not get his hand greased from the RR etc then...

Cannot have it both ways. Trump just President to make money....Trump was so dumb he lost money as POTUS.  

As Truman said, Show me a man who gets rich as a politician, and 
    I will so you a crook. 
      February 28, 2023 4:58 AM MST

Trump's palm is always greasy - from the burgers and fries he eats.
      February 25, 2023 1:53 PM MST

The Obama administration put a ban on the sale bottle waster at Americas national parks to cut down on pollution. Then along came Trump and he reversed that ban. What I am wondering is after he reversed the ban did they start selling Trump brand bottle water at Americas national parks. Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 25, 2023 3:23 PM MST