Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » How can you watch something for entertainment that is about bad people without advocating it because isn't that what happens?

How can you watch something for entertainment that is about bad people without advocating it because isn't that what happens?

The First 48. Crime 360. All the CSI's. Cops. Cold Case. Subliminally advocate.

Posted - February 25, 2023

Responses

No, it is not necessarily. It can be a study in human behavior not interest in their crimes per se.  Psychological profiles, body language and words, motivation and other factors that make the story worthy of study.  It can also make a person more aware of people, what they are capable of and danger signals to watch out for. 

February 25, 2023 4:58 PM MST

You deserve the pick Honeydew but he wrote more. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at March 2, 2023 6:48 PM MST
      February 26, 2023 2:13 PM MST

Honey Dew is correct. I watch many of those programs for the same reason that I'm reading a book that's sitting on my end table titled "Writing The Siege Of Leningrad", the personal narratives of those who lived it, or Dr. Oliver Sacks book "Awakenings". I'm always fascinated by the human condition and the ingenuity to overcome obstacles.

The real life detectives have a daunting job, "The First 48" is as good as any Sherlock Holmes story.
    PS. You left out the earliest and the best, "Forensic Files" !

Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan 1888 This post was edited by NYAD at March 2, 2023 5:01 PM MST
      February 25, 2023 5:33 PM MST

Perhaps the people aren't bad but don't really know what they are doing due to some default state? Like kicking it in the corner. Just their thing in the DNA? Not happy for a real reason. They never really know the lights haven't changed. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at March 4, 2023 4:51 PM MST
      February 26, 2023 2:11 PM MST

I have watched this every crime 360 and most Forensic Files is my favorite. Morbid fascination maybe but I don't want to end up like that. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at March 4, 2023 4:51 PM MST
      February 26, 2023 2:15 PM MST

I've read about many of them.

I've watched about many of them.

And the reasonings have been already better said by all of you than I could write at the  moment.  :)
      March 2, 2023 5:05 PM MST

There must be some links to Jesus with it:)
      March 4, 2023 4:50 PM MST