Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » If you remember the first time you put on a glove (not a mitten), how old were you?

If you remember the first time you put on a glove (not a mitten), how old were you?

[~]

Posted - March 4, 2023

Responses

I have a picture of me on Easter Sunday when I was two and I had on gloves.  Mother wore gloves every Sunday to Church.  I don't remember wearing them with any regularity but it was required for serious dressing up such as weddings.  I remember in high school when I was in the school beauty pageant we had to, of course, wear a formal but we also had to strut across the stage in dress clothes in Assembly the day of the pageant.  All of the clothes worn were very similar, but I made my outfit  which was a rust-colored linen suit (straight skirt and jacket) and wore black gloves and shoes.  I had the loudest applause....I think just because it was different......not a pastel run of the  mill dress and the only one wearing gloves.

When I married my dress had long sleeves with a V shape end that rested on the top of my hand.  I remember mom wanting me to wear gloves but I said no.  I loved my dress....it was the dress my MIL wore when she married my FIL.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 5, 2023 8:21 PM MST
      March 4, 2023 12:07 PM MST

Grade two I wore pleather black pants, a red pleather shirt with silver sparkle letters spelling out Thriller and one silver MK glove on my right hand. I may have worn gloves before that, but that is my first memory of wearing a glove because I kept trying to put my hand up during the class picture and kept getting scolded for it. So however old I was in grad two, six or seven maybe.  
      March 4, 2023 3:08 PM MST

Probably in my twenties. There was time I dressed up all the time and leather gloves were a must. 
      March 4, 2023 4:11 PM MST