Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Legal » What is wrong with Bragg? Charging people who should not be charged and releasing others who should be charged. Why do NYers vote for this?

What is wrong with Bragg? Charging people who should not be charged and releasing others who should be charged. Why do NYers vote for this?

Charging yet another person for defending themselves from a violent criminal. 

https://archive.is/Vu5vS

Posted - April 2, 2023

Responses

It's not for you or any of us to randomly decide who should and shouldn't be charged based on what we see in the media. We don't have knowledge of the facts or the law in these cases.
      April 2, 2023 8:13 AM MDT

For the one shop owner there was video. 
    This new guy was shot by the criminal. 

We would not stand for that crap where I live. 
      April 2, 2023 9:59 AM MDT

In the first place, this guy was a garage attendant, not an officer of the law.  If he suspected the other man of attempting to commit a crime, he should have dialed 911 and let the police handle it.  Second, you failed to mention that the person suspected of attempted robbery was also arrested.  
      April 2, 2023 9:49 AM MDT

Yes he arrested the real criminal, but he still arrested a man for defending himself after being shot in the stomach and the ear (grazed the ear)....that is BS.
      April 2, 2023 10:02 AM MDT

As I said - the man was a garage attendant and did not actually see the would-be robber committing the robbery.  He should have called the police.
      April 2, 2023 12:10 PM MDT

Security guards do not call the police on everyone they think looks suspicious...they often talk to the person first to see if they need to call the police. This crook shot him instead of talking to him. There is no way this guy should be charged with murder for what is obviously self defense...
      April 2, 2023 12:18 PM MDT

He’s not going to be charged.
      April 2, 2023 8:23 PM MDT

Did Bragg drop charges? Because he was charged with attempted murder, assault and illegal possession of a firearm.

I cannot find anything saying charges were dropped. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at April 3, 2023 4:41 AM MDT
      April 3, 2023 4:37 AM MDT

https://nypost.com/2023/04/02/bragg-wont-charge-wounded-garage-worker-who-shot-suspected-thief/
      April 3, 2023 6:26 AM MDT

Thank you. Glad to hear he is doing the right thing. Should not have took so long to drop the charges, though. This post was edited by my2cents at April 3, 2023 8:13 AM MDT
      April 3, 2023 6:52 AM MDT

You're never satisfied are you?  The incident occurred at 5:30 AM on Saturday.  I'm pretty sure the garage attendant was taken to the hospital as he had been shot twice.  By at least 8:30 this morning, the charges against him were dropped.  
      April 3, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

Should have never been charged to begin with.  
    I consider it a absolute shame that it took more than 48 hrs to decide to drop those charges. Can you imagine being the victim of a violent crime and while still in the hospital having to worry about spending the rest of your life in prison because you defended yourself from a criminal.  
      April 3, 2023 8:23 PM MDT

If you read the article, you will see that he was not charged. You’re arguing about nothing.
      April 3, 2023 9:05 PM MDT

I read it.....he was charged and it took Bragg entirely too long to dismiss the charges. 

Yet cops charged Diarra with attempted murder, assault and gun possession in the case, while Rhodie was slapped with those three raps as well as burglary.

But Bragg — who is already under fire for indicting former President Donald Trump last week in a fraud-related case — will dismiss the case against Diarra “pending further investigation,” his office said.
      April 4, 2023 4:30 AM MDT

If he hadn't been charged, you would have said NYC was soft on crime. 
      April 4, 2023 7:12 AM MDT

Nope....no one should ever be charged for defending themselves. Now it the thief with the gun was not charged then yes I would say soft on crime. 
      April 4, 2023 7:24 PM MDT