Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Did you hear about Trump's latest fail in court?

Did you hear about Trump's latest fail in court?

A federal judge rejected Trump's request for a one-month delay on his rape trial. Lewis A Kaplan, a federal judge in Manhattan, said the civil trial on claims against Trump by the columnist E Jean Carroll will begin as scheduled  April 25th.

Kaplan rejected arguments by Trump’s attorney Joe Tacopina that the former president’s recent indictment in New York state court on criminal falsification of business records charges created such negative publicity that a one-month cooling-off period was needed before the rape trial could begin.

Kaplan said: “There was, of course, a great deal of media coverage – some of it invited and, indeed, provoked by Mr Trump. Kaplan also said: "It does not sit well for Mr Trump to promote pretrial publicity and then to claim that coverage that he promoted was prejudicial to him and should be taken into account as supporting a further delay,” the judge added t - he was also concerned that the request was a “delay tactic by Mr Trump”.

Cheers!

Posted - April 17, 2023

Responses

Good for Judge Kaplan.  It's about time someone put their foot down and stopped treating Trump with more respect than he deserves.
      April 17, 2023 3:21 PM MDT

Yeah I think the days of Trump getting away with things are over and I think he knows it too. Cheers!
      April 17, 2023 4:59 PM MDT

I surely hope so.  It's about time!
      April 17, 2023 7:09 PM MDT

April 18, 2023 6:30 AM MDT

I have no words ...
      April 18, 2023 9:26 AM MDT

Is he actually being tried for rape, Nanoose? 

If so, this is good news. Even if he buys his way out of it, which he likely will, it's still good news. 

Either way, cheers and happy Saturday!
      April 22, 2023 8:03 AM MDT

He is and the trial is set to start next week. It might be televised  so I am going to watch it because I read body language like a book so I will be able to see what kind of monster Trump is. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 22, 2023 8:14 AM MDT

I've already seen enough of him for 100 lifetimes. I read all I needed to know about him in the late 80s. He's a monstrous monster, for sure. I'm very happy to never see or read that body again!

April 22, 2023 8:22 AM MDT

The way I see it is for 5 or 6 years I watched him getting away with horrible things, cozying up to dictators and trying to destroy democracy. So now I am going to watch him get his just deserts. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 22, 2023 9:22 AM MDT

Awww, poor Donald. Not everyone in the real world will say, "Yes Mr. Trump".
      April 22, 2023 9:48 AM MDT

I'm sure that "the usual suspects" will find a way to justify it.
      April 23, 2023 4:12 AM MDT