Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Does a restraining order, prevent a person from sending flowers to another person in the same house as the protected person?

Does a restraining order, prevent a person from sending flowers to another person in the same house as the protected person?

(Real restraining order...not a RANDY D order) 

The person who the flowers were sent to was a minor child of the protected person. 

Posted - April 29, 2023

Responses

But not the minor child of the sender? 

I would guess (pardon me 'assume') that it was up to the judge who signed the protection order whether it was a violation of the order.

Between you and me, regardless if the minor was the child of the sender or not, it is an obvious ploy to circumvent the restraining order to further annoy the holder of the restraining order; too obvious to ignore. Who do you know that sends flowers to a minor child. I've never seen that except flowers for school dances.
      April 29, 2023 12:48 PM MDT

Right, it was not their child. I look at it as a way, around the restraining order by putting the child's name on the delivery instead of the protected person.  
    I know it was reported but have not heard what the reaction of the judge. 
      April 29, 2023 2:33 PM MDT

Whatever the judge includes.  It can be about behavior, proximity, electronic contact, etc.  https://felonies.org/all-about-restraining-orders-know-your-rights/
      April 29, 2023 2:06 PM MDT

I know there is not supposed to be contact with the adult but the minors were not included in the order. I have not heard what the if anything the judge has said about the delivery to the minor. But I do know it was reported.
      April 29, 2023 2:35 PM MDT

You just asked a question about restraining orders and Randy wasn’t the subject.  He feels left out now.  Look what you did. 

Anyway, I couldn’t find the news story but I did find out that would be considered a violation in Colorado.  I don’t know about Minnesota so Randy might be safe for now. 

April 29, 2023 8:04 PM MDT

Poor Randy....Maybe he can just take it as free advice. 
      April 29, 2023 8:24 PM MDT