Discussion » Questions » Politics » Although I am a mere Democrat with enlightening policy should I fret over the fact that I still want to scream about Republican Stalwarts?

Although I am a mere Democrat with enlightening policy should I fret over the fact that I still want to scream about Republican Stalwarts?

New research from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln suggests yes -- that we're making ourselves sick over politics.

Nearly 40% of Americans surveyed for the study said politics is stressing them out, and one in five are losing sleep. These responses and others show many in the United States believe their mental and physical health has been harmed in some way by exposure to politics.

Posted - May 28, 2023

Responses

I do follow politics (no surprise) but I do not let it affect me. I do not lose sleep or let it stress me out. 
    I apply the Serentity prayer to my life.
      May 28, 2023 6:15 AM MDT

Don't fret over it, just do what you can to change it. 

No amount of your screaming will change anyone's thoughts or opinions, especially Trump-worshipers.  My loving suggestion is to channel your available energy to places and things where you can make a difference. 
      May 28, 2023 3:53 PM MDT

Wow life's a pain in the azz you know that? Give me a break all you health freaks and perfectionist dudes! Control freaks and narcissistic idiots! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at May 28, 2023 8:34 PM MDT
      May 28, 2023 8:11 PM MDT

Sometimes it's a b*tch, sometimes it's a breeze. Here's hoping you have breezy days coming your way. 
      May 28, 2023 8:16 PM MDT

I still haven't seen God yet with a full day lost in the woods on a psychedelic. Okay. Back to subject. Republicans cut learning short and hurt smart people in- directly. Not! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at May 28, 2023 8:33 PM MDT
      May 28, 2023 8:31 PM MDT