Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Why do you or why did you mainly use the back roads instead of the thoroughfare/expressway/highway?

Why do you or why did you mainly use the back roads instead of the thoroughfare/expressway/highway?

~

Posted - June 5, 2023

Responses

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Or even Mongolia, for that matter?
      June 5, 2023 8:03 AM MDT

I did.
      ~

June 5, 2023 8:09 AM MDT

Did what?
      June 5, 2023 8:45 AM MDT

You can save 15% on your current insurance premiums.
    ~

June 5, 2023 9:48 AM MDT

And you apparently lost your mind at the same time.
      June 5, 2023 10:15 AM MDT

The general cannot have a private conversation with a private, and a private cannot have a general conversation with a general.

~

June 5, 2023 10:25 AM MDT

Look at the time of day he made the posts on this page. I think he's been drinking his breakfast!
      June 5, 2023 11:28 AM MDT

Lol, I do not imbibe in strong spirits, distilled beverages, beers and liqueurs, nor any other type or variety of alcoholic drinks!
      ~

June 5, 2023 2:00 PM MDT

1. Very interesting. https://www.amusingplanet.com/2018/09/the-landlocked-navy-of-mongolia.html

2. Is the question and the navy information related in some way?
      June 5, 2023 8:51 AM MDT

2.  The misguided assumption that the graphics in any way correlate to the question was intentional.
      ~

June 5, 2023 9:52 AM MDT

Out of concern for my life and the lives of others. 

Did you walk to school or take your lunch?

June 5, 2023 1:33 PM MDT

Did you walk to school or take your lunch?

Why in my mind do I interpret that as being sandwich-related?
    ~

June 5, 2023 2:03 PM MDT

How do you know I’m using the back roads unless your guards who are on the lookout for me are stationed along I-5, I-8, I-15, 1D and 2D?

Anyway, I’m almost to your place with my shipment of avocados, mayonnaise and Vegemite in my trunk.

This trip to San Diego is sure taking a long time on this route. 

June 5, 2023 4:26 PM MDT

Nice attempt at reverse psychology by naming those roads as if you think that I think that you think that I would think that I’d fall for it, when you’re actually coming in on a completely different route. But that’s fine, because I have satellite-based detection equipment that picks up even the slightest avocado Vegemite or mayonnaise shipments that are getting close to me. One step ahead of you, queenpin of all time. 

By the way, it’s well known by a majority of law enforcement agencies that you in particular are most likely to use side roads, secondary roads, tertiary roads, dirt roads, bike paths, hiking trails, dead end roads, closed roads, logging roads, military service roads, etc. They keep me in the loop whenever you’re closing in on me. Grrrrrrrrrrr. 

~

June 5, 2023 11:36 PM MDT

I’m in your driveway with your delivery.  Where do you want the avocados, mayonnaise and Vegemite?
      June 8, 2023 11:35 AM MDT

It’s not MY delivery! I didn’t order the stuff, I didn’t ask for the stuff, I didn’t request that stuff, I didn’t requisition the stuff, I don’t want the stuff! Consumer laws protect people like me who have these unwanted products thrust upon them, so I’ll have the feds down top of on you so quickly that your head will spin! Maybe a charge of interstate commerce fraud means little to a criminal queenpin who stacks her indictments against the walls like cordwood. 

Now, back that vehicle up, get back on whatever road you came in on, and get that contraband out of here! Grrrrrrr.

June 8, 2023 3:27 PM MDT

She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes (yee-haw)

Now Randy, you're not thinking creatively! It's time to organize a big party. Put all your sandwich makers to work making sandwiches until the unordered product is utilized. Put a large sign out in front of your house inviting the entire neighborhood to a picnic. When your neighbors all drift on home, box up any uneaten sandwiches and take them to the food pantry. 

You'll be pretty popular in your neighborhood!!
      June 8, 2023 5:53 PM MDT

1. I cannot be a party to the glorification of the big three poisons. Hosting and/or sponsoring such an event would taint my reputation as an ardent opponent of those dangerous substances. Grrrrrrr.

2.  The fees to have HazMat teams come in and decontaminate my facilities and equipment and er, um ”volunteers” (cough, cough), not to mention exposing my industrial secrets to the outside world, none of those risks are worth the trouble. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks but no thanks. Grrrrrrr. 
    ~

June 9, 2023 7:29 AM MDT

1. Your neighbors are quite disappointed. Someone was donating bread for sandwiches and toast, another wanted to contribute tuna, celery and onion for sandwiches. They were particularly disappointed that they won't get to experience the Vegemite (a foreign delicacy they've heard about). Your neighbors do not share your revulsion for such comestibles.

2. You're complaining about the cost of decontamination. There would be no such cost if you served the unordered delivery to the neighbors. And what about that $150 you "threw" at Boss Lady. The neighbors were quite pleased that you would have donated the leftovers to the food bank.Oh, well!

3. Sorry, but your neighbors already suspect some not so kosher activities at the Randall homestead. I said nothing to them about said activities. This may have been your opportunity to clear the air and put a positive spin on the activities they've observed. 
      June 11, 2023 7:04 PM MDT

You sure seem eager to have me come over to the Dark Side. Ok, who’s paying you? Is it Big Mayo, Big Guac, Big Vegemite, or a combination of two or more of the above? Well, I’m not falling for your trickery! Let the neighbors be disappointed, they don’t pay my bills, so their opinions mean little to me! Tell your handlers that I sniffed out the rotten egg and that the Randolph Ranch is off limits. Grrrrrrr. 

~

June 11, 2023 7:39 PM MDT

Real friendly like!!

At least the foods in jars won't spoil quickly, but those avocados didn't hold up very well. Livvie passed them out to the neighbors so they could plant them. Before you know it, you'll have avocado trees lining your streets!
    How to Grow Avocados | Gardener's Path
    This post was edited by NYAD at June 15, 2023 7:20 AM MDT
      June 13, 2023 5:49 PM MDT

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

June 13, 2023 10:00 PM MDT

I never use the interstate unless traveling, and then I still may prefer to use a U.S. Highway.    Interstate driving is monotonous and non stimulating.  It's more fun to drive by old out-of-business stores, factories, restaurants, etc.  Also you get to see the moo cows and horses.  It's just more fun...and easier to stay awake.
      June 7, 2023 7:08 PM MDT

Nobody uses any road unless traveling.
      June 7, 2023 8:38 PM MDT