Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Do you have a family member whose driving is so bad that you refuse to ride in a vehicle when he or she is behind its steering wheel?

Do you have a family member whose driving is so bad that you refuse to ride in a vehicle when he or she is behind its steering wheel?

[I‘m referring to more than just having a few annoying habits while driving or more than just being a poor driver; it’s more along the lines of truly reckless driving, absolutely aggressive driving, dangerous driving to the point of high potential for injuries or deaths.
~]

Posted - July 2, 2023

Responses

Family member no, but I did have a friend like that. He had two speeds, flat out and stopped. The streets were his racetrack. After one white knuckle ride down a narrow mountain pass, taking hairpins at fifty miles an hour and hitting double that on the straight stretches, I vowed never to get into a car with him again.
    About six months later, he hit a tree and was killed instantly.
      July 2, 2023 11:12 PM MDT

No one should ever ride with my step-brother.  His most recent accident was a hit-and-run.  That was his fifth accident and second offense for driving with a suspended license.  When the cops tried to pull him over for that one, he tried to take off but thanks to his poor driving skills, he didn’t get very far before he wrecked the car.

His very first accident was in the DMV parking lot when he was a teenager who was scheduled to take his road test to get his license for the first time.  He failed the road test before he even left the parking lot so he had to reschedule.

He didn’t have insurance either at the time of his last accident so the civil trial judgement will definitely ruin him.
      July 3, 2023 8:47 AM MDT