Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Trump chumming the waters again?

Is Trump chumming the waters again?

Shortly after the trial date for the classified documents case was set Trump made the following statement - if he is put in pre-trial detention, some of his "passionate" supporters could be dangerous. 

I think he is throwing red meat to his followers. And it seems kind of funny he mentioned pre-trial detention - nobody has said he could get that so maybe he knows it is a possibility. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - July 21, 2023

Responses

Trump was not the one who brought it up. It was an interview on The Simon Conway Show and the interviewer asked the question. 

He simply answered honestly.  I know there are some who might get stupid over it. 
      July 21, 2023 8:43 PM MDT

I really don't think it matters who brought it up. Trump knows what his words can cause so if he is going to say some of his supports will get violent he should add that that would be wrong. Cheers ad happy weekend!
      July 22, 2023 7:17 AM MDT

There are some who I have seen post it. Not with Trump saying anything about it.  Trump did not encourage them in his answer he simply answered honestly.  There are some crazies out there and they might do something crazy.     I don't know what was followed up with...this is the only quote I can fine and only one site was reporting it.  Most like to take pieces and spin them. 

But in any case, people are responsible for their own actions and do not get to blame others because they may have said or not said something.  
      July 22, 2023 7:47 AM MDT

I saw a clip of this interview and the host was referring to a commentator on another show who said there was a 50% chance that Jack Smith would ask for pre-trial detention. I don't know anything about the commentator and whether she knew what she was talking about. But it seemed like the interviewer was giving Trump a leading question. Maybe Trump wants to believe there would be violence or maybe he's trying to scare off Jack Smith. I know that most people with similar charges are jailed until trial, but Trump has been treated differently so far and it wouldn't surprise me if that continued. 
      July 21, 2023 9:58 PM MDT