Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » So Joe never discussed Hunter's business deals. What is this?

So Joe never discussed Hunter's business deals. What is this?

Posted - August 4, 2023

Responses

I know that it's not a smoking gun. I never rule anything out, but I'm waiting for verified proof. Here's some light reading about Jarad and Ivanka since you seem to think that deflection is a good defense.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/jared-and-ivanka-made-up-to-640-million-in-the-white-house/
      August 4, 2023 6:15 AM MDT

If the Kushners did something illegal arrest them and throw them in jail. 

The letter is proof that Joe absolutely talked to Hunter about his business  and Joe talked to Hunter's business partners about business.  
      August 4, 2023 6:29 AM MDT

Democrats started an investigation into Kushner , but the Republicans shut it down when the got the majority. Joe Biden never shut down the investigation of his son. 

The letter is proof that Joe Biden knew what his son did for a living and wanted to meet his business partner. Seems pretty normal for a close family. There may be proof of more out there, but this letter isn't it.

August 4, 2023 7:08 AM MDT

Evidently you did not listen to the IRS whistle-blowers who testified that Biden administration did in fact, prevent them from investigating and charging Hunter with crimes. 
      August 4, 2023 8:40 AM MDT

They did not provide proof of anything except normal differences of opinion on which charges are worth prosecuting. Trump committed more crimes in the documents case than he is charged with.
      August 4, 2023 8:56 AM MDT

They testified that the Biden administration interfered and slow walked their investigation.    That is not opinion. These men know if they were told they could not do things or not. 
      August 5, 2023 5:39 AM MDT

If you say so.
      August 5, 2023 9:14 AM MDT

No, what the whistle-blowers said so. 
      August 5, 2023 10:58 AM MDT

Again, normal procedure. 

August 5, 2023 11:00 AM MDT

The letter absolutely does not show any such thing.  It shows that Joe was invited to a lunch with Archer that he was not able to attend due to other commitments.  Saying that he hoped to meet Archer again with Hunter didn't mean that they were going to talk business.

Your problem is that you read into this letter what you would like it to mean, not necessarily what it actually means.  There is a difference.  
      August 4, 2023 8:04 AM MDT

He apologized for missing a lunch with Hunter's business partner...who he claimed he never discussed. 

Now you can choose to believe they we just going to lunch to discuss the weather.  But I think you are smarter than that. 
      August 4, 2023 8:38 AM MDT

This was actually a state  dinner hosted by Joe Biden and attended by Hunter and his new business partner. The VP apologized for being unable to stop by and meet Archer. It was not a private lunch. Now you can choose to believe that Joe Biden hosted this dinner for the Chinese president to provide cover for a business discussion with Archer,  but I think you are smarter than that.

And I'm sure you know that Archer's sworn testimony was that he never discussed business with Joe Biden. I read the entire 141 page transcript, so that I am not relying on secondhand characterizations. I would suggest you do the same, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't. Devon Archer's testimony pretty much contradicts what the Republicans have been saying. This post was edited by Jane S at August 4, 2023 2:24 PM MDT
      August 4, 2023 9:06 AM MDT

Do a little research why don't you and find out the reason for the dinner.  You always post half a story - the half that you think props up what YOU believe, not necessarily what is fact.
      August 4, 2023 2:24 PM MDT

Does not change anything.  If Joe NEVER discussed Hunter's business, then Joe does NOT know Archer to issue an apology letter to him.  
    Again, this is not the only interaction with Archer and Joe.  Joe was on business calls with business clients. 
    Joe went golfing with business partners.   

But Joe never talked Hunter about his business.....and I got some ocean front property to sale you here in Missouri.  
      August 5, 2023 10:32 AM MDT

Hunter and Archer were friends as well as business partners.  Didn't your parents know any of your friends?  

I'd like to continue this discussion until you run out of excuses for the Bidens but I'm 77 years old and I don't want to waste my last years on your spurious arguments.
      August 5, 2023 10:44 AM MDT

Not my business customers. 

Joe, Hunter, Archer and the owner of Burisma. Joe had the prosecutor fired who was investigating Burisma.
      August 5, 2023 11:04 AM MDT

This is the owner of Burisma.
    This is the fourth guy in the photo, banker Ralph Pascucci.

I'm guessing you either can't tell them apart or you do zero fact-checking.
      August 5, 2023 11:32 AM MDT

And BTW, Shokin was fired because he was NOT investigating Burisma like he was supposed to. Just a minor detail that you overlooked.
      August 5, 2023 11:43 AM MDT

Sworn testimony means nothing to you, does it? You just live in your own little world. I know you won't read the transcript, but maybe someone can read this synopsis to you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/08/05/devon-archer-transcript-testimony-takeaways/70528889007/ This post was edited by Jane S at August 5, 2023 11:20 AM MDT
      August 5, 2023 11:02 AM MDT

Access to Joe Biden was the BUSINESS.  Joe participating in a business conference call with clients was an example of the business Hunter was in.....or as Archer called "the brand."   

Hunter did/does not know a thing about the oil business in Ukraine.  BUT he knows how to get his Dad on the phone to pull strings.  That was the business. 
      August 5, 2023 11:29 AM MDT

No one is denying that Hunter was trading off his name, and trying to imply he had an inside track with his dad. But all testimony so far is that it was all talk and Hunter knew his dad would not get involved. 

When Trump was heard on tape claiming to show someone a secret document, you dismissed it as Trump just B.S. ing. So I know you understand the concept. 

August 5, 2023 11:39 AM MDT