Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What word do you really hate?

What word do you really hate?

Baddiness. Baddyness!:( Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. BAD MESSY NESS! Nyah! Nnnyah! Baddy mess ness..NYAH! Mess of bad messiness.. NYAH NYAH! Badness of a mess. UGH!

Posted - August 19, 2023

Responses

Tetanus. I hate shots plus I am a Chatty Patty so I would really hate to get lockjaw. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 19, 2023 8:43 AM MDT

True. Tetanus blew! I was just going to post why I can't finish books right now. Why I can't finish books right now. First of all, it was the way I was raised. It was also the influences I was left to concede with. My mind could not focus except to enjoy loud music and inebreiation constantly and this continues a little tiny bit today. I have ADHD possibly from all l the serious and diverse conundrums I had to face and it is still bombed with questions from without about my moral code. My periodic previous drug use has taken all my time and the discipline factor, not my recognition factor, is damaged and in need of quiet recovery if only I could find quiet the way I want it. I am emotional scatter brain which I have no way to reckon within fear of the next disaster waiting to happen. I feel sorry for my family. None of them can read for long or write a book either. That's why. It is is probably intergenerational anger. Damaged goods. Meh!
    I saw a guy jump on his bicycle and start peddling in which he seemed a long way from anywhere and he said "Meh!" Before he left like it was an everyday part of his language This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 20, 2023 12:58 PM MDT
      August 19, 2023 8:57 AM MDT

I dislike words that are limited for example: "thank you."  It doesn't even come close to expressing the depth of gratitude that I feel at times and seems quite trite.  If I attempt to explain further it sounds kind of phony.  Language is so darn limited in so many ways, that is why I admire those who have the gift of expression through language; writers, authors, story tellers.  "I'm sorry for your loss," is another one.  I wish we had one word to express the heartbreak we feel for others who experience loss or are in a difficult situation. A word that everyone could connect too immediately.  

We have so many words, terms and phrases that catch on such as "ghosting,"  why can't we have new ones that are deeper for the deeper things in life.
    This post was edited by . at August 20, 2023 12:58 PM MDT
      August 19, 2023 12:38 PM MDT

The 'N' word...NO.
      August 20, 2023 12:58 PM MDT