Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Anyone here knows how to fully & properly operate the smoke/carbon monoxide detector?

Anyone here knows how to fully & properly operate the smoke/carbon monoxide detector?

I just got the new smoke detector installed onto the basement ceiling, then I installed the house smoke detector that mounts to the ceiling also, then I push & hold-in the middle button-(just like Siri) then it says to "Go in the basement & press to test", then I went in the basement & did that, then went back in the house, went up there, then press & hold in the button again, then it says "Just a moment, (connecting to wi-fi)", waited another while, then it say "Try again later", then I waited till night, or tomorrow, then that (Siri) detector just began to chirp again (periodic sharp sound from it).
Then what should I do now when the detector was just tried to connect to wi-fi & to try again later?

Posted - September 14, 2023

Responses

I really wish I could help you because having a working detector is very important. I suggest you call the people that installed the one in the basement and see if they can help. Cheers! 
      September 14, 2023 7:24 AM MDT

I don't know why it would connect to wifi, but I don't know why we need a remote with our vacuum cleaners either.  Carbon monoxide detectors are usually installed near a bedroom.  Smoke detectors need to be near a bedroom as well as kitchen and furnace, so more than one is likely needed.  Put the battery and push the test button.  If it makes a loud noise you are good to go.  You'll have to figure out why you need to connect to wifi.
      September 15, 2023 3:05 PM MDT

No...nobody here knows that.
      September 15, 2023 7:04 PM MDT

Okay, I did really had trouble getting to silence the smoke detector when there's not really anything happening around the house-room that with I got all the batteries put in it-when I did set-it for it to make the sharp alarm sound as if there really is a fire there!
      September 15, 2023 7:09 PM MDT