Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Do you think that it is acceptable to lie on a job or loan application if you know you can do the job or repay the loan?

Do you think that it is acceptable to lie on a job or loan application if you know you can do the job or repay the loan?

Why or why not? This is not about whether your lie will be caught.

Posted - September 29, 2023

Responses

No.  It is never OK.  Employers have responsibility for the workplace they provide and are entitled to know the background of those it employs. 

Those who loan money also have a right to information that allows them to make decisions about an applicant's creditworthiness. 

There are legal implication in both situations regarding truthfulness of the applicant.
      September 29, 2023 12:07 PM MDT

No.
      September 29, 2023 1:53 PM MDT

Why not? Who does hurt?
      September 29, 2023 2:46 PM MDT

It would hurt me.  God does not bless anything based on a lie. Somewhere down the line a person is usually found out anyway, If not, they will pay later.  
      September 29, 2023 3:11 PM MDT

Just like Trump has been.

If you have personal integrity as you express, how can you support a candidate who not only lies, but has been convicted for it?

Did you support Nixon as well?
      September 29, 2023 3:21 PM MDT

If someone benefits financially from their lies, how is God not blessing them? If they don't get caught, how are they paying for their lies? If the only person you think is hurt is you, how about the people who didn't get the loan or didn't get the job because someone less qualified lied and got it instead of them? 
      September 29, 2023 7:05 PM MDT

Everything that happens in this world is not God's doing or will. 
      September 30, 2023 4:55 AM MDT

I'm not the one who said it was. 
      September 30, 2023 5:44 AM MDT

But you did or at least implied it in your question to Boss Lady.  "someone benefits financially from their lies, how is God not blessing them?"
      September 30, 2023 8:22 AM MDT

You are putting your own interpretation on things again. And since my question was not directed to you, I'm not wasting my time explaining I g it.
      September 30, 2023 9:04 AM MDT

I don't see any other way to interpret it. You asked how is God not blessing them if they benefit from the lie?  

Maybe you will explain it to Boss Lady if she asks you. 
      September 30, 2023 9:09 AM MDT

Guess you don’t have a good answer for how you can support a convicted liar for president.

We’ll wait.
      September 29, 2023 11:25 PM MDT

Policies.  
      September 30, 2023 4:52 AM MDT

I was asking Boss Lady. But you think lying is OK if you agree with him politically?

Strikes me as an ethical compromise on your part.
      September 30, 2023 8:01 AM MDT

Again, I did not say lying was/is okay.  If you are going to eliminate voting for any politicians who lie, that means you are staying home on election day.   
    Policy is what matters. What policies are they going to try to pass and what policies are they going to try to stop from passing.  That is what matters.   
    None of us are going to hang out with or even talk to any of them.  Their personal crap does not matter unless it changes their policy positions. This post was edited by my2cents at September 30, 2023 8:29 AM MDT
      September 30, 2023 8:29 AM MDT

But other politicians generally haven’t been convicted of dishonesty. That puts Trump in a class by himself.
      September 30, 2023 8:36 AM MDT

Only because they carved out a law that allows them to lie. 
      September 30, 2023 9:05 AM MDT

Which law specifically?
      September 30, 2023 9:08 AM MDT

OK, let's talk about policies - the ones Trump promised the American public:
    I know you're going to say he lowered your taxes, but he increased mine. This post was edited by Spunky at September 30, 2023 2:27 PM MDT
      September 30, 2023 2:23 PM MDT

And here are some fun facts about the GOP in general:

September 30, 2023 2:29 PM MDT

On December 23, 2020, the Trump Administration finalized a rule that directed the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to take action to require that federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) make insulin and injectable epinephrine available to certain patients at 340B prices.  

This caused many Medicare plans to implement the price control before it actually went into effect...because they knew it was coming and early implementation would cause Medicare recipients who needed it more likely to switch to one of their policies. 

Biden delayed it until Jun/July 2021 and then claimed he did it. 

I don't have time to go through O'Donald's nonsense. 
      September 30, 2023 3:20 PM MDT

I know you claim that now.....but I also remember under your SpunkSenior account you posted that you took some kind of payment through your work (stocks or 401k etc) that did not hold out income tax from it so you tax seemed higher.  I will find it sometime. Search on this site is worthless. 
    My taxes were absolutely lowered. 
    Mexico provided their soldiers to defend the border at no charge to us. We also recieved many dollars in tariffs and trade deals that more than paid for the wall.
    My roads are good. And we did indeed start more.projects under Trump.
    Trump did decrease the cost of insulin (I don't need it) Biden removed and later put it back and claimed credit for it...he thinks we all have dementia like him and would not remember.  

McCain sunk the healthcare law replacement.  After campaigning on it for years....pitiful establishment hack he was. President's cannot pass things on their own. CONGRESS has to do their part. 

I hate NO ONE.

September 30, 2023 2:43 PM MDT

"Quick Take

A Facebook user claims the cost of her insulin dropped 75% thanks to “Trumps Prescription Bill.” There has been no such legislation passed, and actions by the Trump administration aimed at lowering prescription drug costs have yet to take effect.

Full Story 

President Donald Trump issued several executive orders over the summer aimed at lowering prescription drug prices — efforts that he emphasized during an event Sept. 24 event in North Carolina. Experts told us when he first issued the orders that the scope of their effects remained to be seen since the orders first required further action by the administration.

On Facebook, however, one user’s viral text post — published Sept. 15 and shared by more than 260,000 users — suggests that Trump’s policies have already resulted in a 75% drop in her cost for insulin.

“I just returned from Walmart Pharmacy. If anyone wants to know who benefited from Trumps Prescription Bill you can ‘quote’ me,” the post says “I picked up my Insulin (3 month supply) and the cost has dropped from $173.86 down to $42.88……big saving…….and my test strips (2 boxes/100 per box) dropped from $10.00 per box to $1.00 per box. Promises made Promises Kept.”

But Trump’s orders haven’t gone into effect."

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/viral-post-wrongly-ties-cost-drop-to-trumps-prescription-bill/\\

"It has been more than five years since Trump announced his presidential bid with a promise to build a “great, great wall” along the U.S.-Mexico border. In the end, Trump built a mere fraction of what he promised, 452 miles of a wall — most of which replaced old, existing fencing. And he never got Mexico to pay for it."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/12/trump-border-wall-partially-built-458255

This post was edited by Spunky at September 30, 2023 2:59 PM MDT
      September 30, 2023 2:55 PM MDT

It's never acceptable to lie.  Odds are if you do it'll eventually come around and bite you.
      September 29, 2023 2:03 PM MDT