Active Now

Zack
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever had something stolen from you that changed your life for the worse?

Have you ever had something stolen from you that changed your life for the worse?

My house was broken in to and my laptop stolen.  On it was all my art programs, art work I had done, things that cannot be replaced.  It was part of my spirit, lifeblood, ability to create, design, ability to open almost any program, family pictures, I have not been the same since that happened, my anger about it has grown every time I hit a roadblock with the abilities the programs gave me. It's like it happened yesterday.  

Posted - October 26, 2023

Responses

I'm surprised you don't have Cloud backup for your laptop.
      October 26, 2023 7:10 PM MDT

This was a few years ago, I'll never get over it, now I have a backup machine with very little to backup and no art work at all, they took my laptop.  Believe I know who was to blame but no proof. 

This post was edited by . at October 29, 2023 2:15 PM MDT
      October 27, 2023 4:32 AM MDT

I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm sure it is very disheartening.
      October 27, 2023 7:17 AM MDT

Thank you, now I don't have the funds to replace all the programs which I purchased when I had my own business.  One of them you can't even buy now without a subscription along with it, a yearly fee.  
      October 27, 2023 11:47 AM MDT

Bummer.
      October 27, 2023 1:45 PM MDT

That's terrible... I hope you can find other ways of getting creative again. Making use of that anger, even. 

It hasn't happened to me, but one time I was returning home to see a burglar escape. He dropped what he was carrying and made off with about 20 dollars. For a long time I kept wishing he'd try it one more time.
      October 27, 2023 2:30 PM MDT

A carpenter wouldn't try to build a house without a hammer, nail gun or saw, you have to have the right tools to create. Not only the right tools but good quality tools, I learned that early on.  Good tools produce a quality product.
      October 27, 2023 6:22 PM MDT

I understand; software makes a difference even for something as simple as writing. What sort of works have you created?
      October 29, 2023 12:38 PM MDT

The only things that live on are in other people homes or business. 
      October 29, 2023 6:59 PM MDT

I have had a few things stolen but nothing that changed my life.  I hated to lose the jewelry that was stolen from a hotel room, but thank goodness I did not take the real expensive stuff on that trip.  This was years ago; I wear absolutely zero jewelry now and have not for many years.  I gave it all to my daughter already.  Well, except my wedding band.  I still have that.
      October 28, 2023 11:18 AM MDT

I’ve had jewelry stolen as well, all pieces I planned to pass on.  Now that it is time in my life to pass items down, I am stripped clean.  

A gold rose with a diamond in the middle on a gold chain, given to my aunt by my uncle then given to me before my aunt passed away.  I planned on giving it to my great granddaughter along with a picture of my aunt and uncle with their history, written and attached to the back of the picture.

A gold chain with a cross given to me by a lifelong friend.

A gold chain with a gold key and other charms, each with a great backstory.  Hoping it would make the recipient feel special to pass on something that meant so much to me. 

A key chain with a metal piece with the engraved words, “you’ve come a long way baby,” from the 1970’s.  It was given out by a cigarette company for free, I had it for so many years and the backstories, many of them, connected to it were so rich, uplifting and meaningful, it held my heart and spirit.  

I have nothing left with any history or long backstories, I breaks my heart to think about the loss.

October 28, 2023 5:23 PM MDT

A child. It's a story I've told too many times here.
      October 29, 2023 1:56 PM MDT