Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Element 99
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Are you hooked on wireless technology ?

Are you hooked on wireless technology ?

Or you keep using wires ?

personally if i can get my internet wired on my desktop or laptop, i find it better. 

My keyboard and mouse are still wired

Posted - December 22, 2023

Responses

I agree with you; in fact, I prefer most things low-tech. Like my famous neighbour Buba says: the problem with unbreakable things is nobody knows how to fix them! 

Good to see you again, Franc.
      December 22, 2023 5:34 PM MST

Any time I can get rid of a wire, cable, or electrical cord, I will do it. I know that sometimes there is a trade-off,  but I think it's worth it.
      December 22, 2023 6:09 PM MST

I still use a wired computer and telephone. My wireless phone is turned off 95% of the time.
      December 22, 2023 7:13 PM MST

Okay, Boomer.
      December 22, 2023 8:02 PM MST

Somethings yes. 
    My phone.  Laptop.

My desktop is wired, keyboard and mouse and printer.  The internet to my desktop is wired. And timy TV in the living room all wired. Internet to other TVs and laptops are Wi-Fi.
    Satellite TV boxes are wired and Nintendo Switch is wired. (Controllers are not)
      December 23, 2023 5:28 AM MST

There is no WIFI in my house or car. That I can control.   All things related to computing and television are wired.
      December 24, 2023 11:45 AM MST

The only wireless transmitter / receivers in my home are my portable telephone which is not linked to the Internet, portable radios, central-heating thermostat and front door bell. (No television, "smart"-'speaker/microphone, etc.)

Everything else is wired, including my computer ancillaries.

Mr car has a wireless key and the reversing-camera. I fitted the latter, and its camera transmits the signal wirelessly but still needs a wired 12V supply.

December 28, 2023 2:40 PM MST

great ! reverse cameras are great for cars :-)
      January 5, 2024 6:40 PM MST