Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Education » Why would a school hire an illegal alien as a teacher? How could this be allowed?

Responses

Not legitimately, surely. I've been trying to find employment in the U.S. -- trust me, it's hard. (For Americans too, I gather.) 

This is obviously serious, but when an article starts with "WHY IN THE WORLD ARE SCHOOLS IN THE UNITED STATES HIRING ILLEGAL ALIENS???? I think that's a pretty legit question," it's already implying it to be a common thing in many schools around the country. That doesn't seem to be the case, and, regardless of partisan bickering, it's something nobody wants. (This matter also appears like it would be less well-regulated in church schools than public ones.) I'm just assuming some kind of fraud here. When the man had previously been arrested, ICE lodged an immigration detainer with Montgomery jail, which evidently wasn't followed through. A local issue, seems like. 

Despite that, it will again become a liberals vs. conservatives issue, won't it? Honestly, I don't think it should be. You have to safeguard yourselves, I get that. But maybe it would be better to make the 'right' kind of immigration easier, rather than harder. You'd have more people who want to prevent this sort of thing. It concerns me that three of your last four questions have been about "illegal aliens." It just sounds like the sort of attitude that makes life more difficult for good people. Those who contribute to your nation, or even build/built it.
      March 19, 2024 6:32 AM MDT

You wrote your answer much better than I wrote mine. Well said. (Hyphen or no hyphen, I'm unsure, ha.) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 20, 2024 7:27 PM MDT
      March 19, 2024 6:51 AM MDT

My sentiments exactly. 
      March 19, 2024 7:38 AM MDT

The open border is a big issue right now and it needs to be fixed. And all Biden has to do put the policies back in place that he reversed from under Trump.
    That shouldn't be a left or right issue but as you have seen here and IRF it is. 
      March 19, 2024 4:51 PM MDT

Not to downgrade the seriousness of the happenings but from what I read, it sounded as if he volunteered at a church as a teacher, perhaps like "a Sunday School teacher.' I didn't read a whole lot on the story but I think many churches are open to people volunteering to help with children and they aren't put through long and detailed hiring sessions. They aren't hired as professional paid educators. (Again, I understand that the children have been hurt and that's not good.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 19, 2024 5:00 PM MDT
      March 19, 2024 6:48 AM MDT

My friend teaches Sunday school, as does her husband. Their church requires two adults in each class and they cannot be married to each other. This isn't about illegal immigration, it's about failure to protect children. Not all child abusers are immigrants and not all immigrants are child abusers.
      March 19, 2024 7:44 AM MDT

Well said. Yes.
    Everything you said is true for my thoughts, too.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 20, 2024 7:26 PM MDT
      March 19, 2024 8:09 AM MDT

Yes it was a religious school...not just a Sunday school. But a Christian school, it should have had follow the same teacher requirements of a public school. So either the school didn't follow the requirements or the requirements in Maryland are pretty lack. 
      March 19, 2024 4:59 PM MDT

I've not read more on it. I agree with your points.
    I think maybe that somehow, something somewhere in this whole series of events happened like fraud, as Danilo-G mentioned, that then allowed for him to get hired. I don't think any state would be that lacking in required qualifications nor a school blatantly ignoring requirements.
    I don't know, though.

EDIT: To clarify -- I meant that I agree with your points in your reply, directly above, to my answer. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 21, 2024 11:01 AM MDT
      March 20, 2024 7:18 PM MDT

How is it you never post anything about child abusers who are American citizens?
      March 19, 2024 10:01 AM MDT

I have posted about Biden.
    I seem to remember posting about criminals not being charged in NY and being asked why I cared...I don't  live on NY.  

Why is any school hiring illegals who have been deported in the past? 
      March 19, 2024 3:44 PM MDT