Discussion » Questions » Politics » Should Trump's handling of the pandemic be a campaign issue? (continuing a thread that got off-topic in another discussion. )

Should Trump's handling of the pandemic be a campaign issue? (continuing a thread that got off-topic in another discussion. )

In case you need a reminder here's how it went. There are other longer, more detailed documentaries as well as numerous welll-sourced articles, if you need more.

Posted - June 17

Responses

You could go on, but you would be wasting your time.  
      June 17, 2024 2:01 PM MDT

I just saw this from May 2020. The proof that MAGA folks refuse to see. And not once does it mention their scapegoat, Fauci.

June 17, 2024 6:41 PM MDT

He doesn't remember what he says from one moment to the next.  I'm sure if he was made to sit and watch this, he would say it's a deep fake.  I'm less concerned about what he thinks/says/does than I am about the thousands of people who believe him and vote for him.
      June 18, 2024 9:07 AM MDT

Yes, it should be a topic. 
    It is perfectly clear that trump doesn't know how to handle anything.  he only wants power and attention.  he thinks he knows everything, but from his actions and constantly open mouth, it (again) is clear that he doesn't know anything.  To trump, listening to anyone with "wisdom" on any topic only makes him look inferior (rightly so).  A lot of people needlessly died under trump's tenure (ex. he denied the disease existed for many months; he made numerous false claims (injecting/drinking bleach); he refused to act promptly; he tried to lay blame instead of doing something).
      June 17, 2024 8:53 AM MDT

Thank you. To me, having a president who can handle a national crisis is crucial.  How would Trump have managed on 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, the Cuban missile crisis, etc.,etc. I would like this topic front and center, it won't convince his hard-core base, but there are plenty of of people who can understand the significance. 
      June 17, 2024 9:45 AM MDT

Biden threatened people.  Threatened their livelihoods if they refused to take an experimental vaccine.  Fired people for their refusal to be a lab rat for him. And encouraged other businesses to follow suit.   Again, another vile and evil act advised by Fauci....

Thankfully, Presidents are not dictators and some of us had right wing Governors who did not put covid patients on nursing homes or lock their constituents in their homes (sunlight kills the virus).....and where we're the most deaths in those liberal states...NY, CA etc.

June 17, 2024 10:19 AM MDT

Maybe a consistent message from a president who had the best minds in the country available to him, would have been helpful.

Biden has had to clean up the mess Trump left. But the subject of this discussion is Trump's handling of the pandemic and I would appreciate it if you stayed on topic. This post was edited by Jane S at June 17, 2024 2:04 PM MDT
      June 17, 2024 10:58 AM MDT

That is the problem, he did not have the best minds in the country available to him.....he had  Fauci, an evil vile man.  

Trump did not leave a mess.  Liberal Governors made a mess.  But that is not Trump's fault.  Most of my state was fine...we did not listen to Fauci....with the exceptions of some local leadership in various towns. 
      June 17, 2024 1:08 PM MDT

Trump had a whole task force that he hand picked. Fauci was one person and he was not in charge. 
    Fauci didn't screw up the PPE supply chain, Fauci didn't put a trade deal with China ahead of the interests of the American people. Fauci didn't tell people not to worry, it would all be gone by April. Fauci didn't say that no one could have predicted this. He actually did predict it.

I think there is a Fauci Derangement Syndrome. So go ahead and delete me AGAIN.

Is this Fauci? If not, why aren't you complaining about him????

This post was edited by Jane S at June 18, 2024 9:09 AM MDT
      June 17, 2024 1:29 PM MDT

Yes there were more people on the team....but lets not pretert we ddi not see Fauci taking the lead  (title means nothing often)  we all know who was the media darling St Fauci,  who had merchandise with is face. Bobble heads, dolls etc...
    Obama let the PPE supply drop to its low point. 

China trade deal...tarriffs imposed on them. China travel ban.  Trump was the one person not afraid to call it the China Virus....cause that is where it came from and where it was made. 
     Fauci told people not to worry, go about you normal routines on Feb 29, then on Mar 8th no masks we don't need them.   Then in Apr says we should have done all that earlier.....this is when the media fell in love with him. Trump should have Fired him right then saying we cannot have mixed messaging. But Trump has been too trusting and forgiving of those establishment types. Hopefully he has learned better. 

Of course Fauci predicted it.  He FUNDED it illegally with in Wuhan researching gain of function.   And then denied it...knowing full well he caused it. Even having his people misspelled words to avoid FIOA requests.  So yes of course, Fauci predicted it. 

Yes there is Trump Derangement Syndrome as well. 

Personally I HATE Fauci because of the harm and pain he has caused people in this country and worldwide.   He belongs in prison.   I don't consider it FDS because I have hfacts and reasons for my hatred.  But if someone wants to consider hatred of Fauci as FDS....I wear that with pride.  

The topic is the China Virus response and Fauci had everything to do with that. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at June 18, 2024 7:14 AM MDT
      June 18, 2024 6:49 AM MDT

I have been raised to believe that hatred is wrong. I don't hate anyone, even Trump. The topic is Trump's role in handling the virus. Sadly, I along with millions of Americans believed his early statements. I am trying not to drag anyone else's name into this. If you were smart enough not to trust Fauci, then don't you think Trump should have been? Trump had advice from many sources. I don't expect you to watch this and refresh your memory,  but I'll post it anyway because I'm an optimist.

This post was edited by Jane S at June 20, 2024 5:18 PM MDT
      June 18, 2024 7:50 AM MDT

Fauci is the only person who has risen to the level of hate for me in my lifetime.    As I have said his clot shot cost a loved family member their life.   I have to live with the fact, that I did not know he was not trustworthy at that time.  

I truly am trying work on my feeling about him but so far I am failing.   Perhaps venting here will help. This post was edited by my2cents at June 20, 2024 5:30 AM MDT
      June 18, 2024 10:59 AM MDT