Discussion » Questions » Legal » What will be the next illegal scam Trump gets caught doing?

What will be the next illegal scam Trump gets caught doing?

I think it will be embezzling campaign donations. Trump hasn’t put out many TV campaign adds – and I think it is because he has or he is planing on stealing the campaign donations. Cheers!

Posted - June 20

Responses

He's already using them in questionable, barely legal ways. His supporters didn't care that he took money from his charity for his own use, they wouldn't raise an eyebrow no matter what he does with campaign funds. 
      June 20, 2024 7:48 AM MDT

"Virtually no public information": Trump campaign pays over $3 million to mystery company"

"The owners of the limited liability company, called Launchpad Strategies LLC, are not publicly disclosed on campaign finance records, fitting with a strategy Trump’s campaign has used in the past to hide exactly whom the campaign is paying, NBC News reported."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/virtually-no-public-information-trump-144601167.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
      June 20, 2024 8:00 AM MDT

What a surprise! 
      June 20, 2024 8:20 AM MDT

I know!  I couldn't believe it when I read that.  
      June 20, 2024 9:26 PM MDT

Ah, but which "Launchpad Strategies", based where? USA or UK? Is this some US-owned group with different interest branches at home and abroad?

Similar names for totally separate concerns in different countries are not unknown but the name is unusual and opaque. The only difference in name is that the American advertising and fund-raising company spells "Launchpad" as one word, the (apparently British ) property-speculator uses "Launch Pad". I do wonder just who Mr. Trump is or was paying as he is alleged?

This is cut-and-paste quoted from Launchpad Strategies' own fancy but brief web-site:

Launchpad is a full-service Republican digital agency run by expert strategists who have spent decades managing and advising winning campaigns.

From running local races to electing the President of the United States, no task is too small or challenge too large. Our cutting-edge digital techniques and superior content strategies will net dollars for your campaign, amplify your message, and turn your supporters into voters.

Your path to victory starts here, with Launchpad.

BUT:

If this is the same company as listed by Companies House (the government's official registrar of businesses) in the UK, Launchpad Strategies seems to be a British company that no longer exists. The two 'Overdue' headings are in bold red font with a big red exclamation mark next to them. (plc and llc are much the same, I think. The middle 'L' still stands for "limited" - in liability.)

They could well be perfectly separate companies with almost co-incidental names, necessitating the break in the words; though the UK firm's stated business raises "Oh aye?" thoughts. I should add British politicians would not use an American, Republican-party advertising agency!

According to Companies House (similarly cut-&-paste quote):

Launchpad Strategies plc.

St Ledger House 112 London Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, England, TN4 0PN
    Company statusReceiver Action
    Company typePrivate limited CompanyIncorporated on20 January 2009

Accounts overdue

Next accounts made up to 29 July 2021
    due by 29 April 2022

Last accounts made up to 29 July 2020

Confirmation statement overdue

Next statement date 5 March 2022
    due by 19 March 2022

Last statement dated 5 March 2021

Nature of business (SIC)

41100 - Development of building projects

August 6, 2024 4:34 PM MDT

I have no idea whether it's a US or UK company, but I'd be willing to bet whatever it is, if Trump is involved, there's something shady going on.
      August 6, 2024 7:10 PM MDT