Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Forget zee bugs. Are you ready to eat plastic?

Forget zee bugs. Are you ready to eat plastic?

https://borgenproject.org/turning-plastic-into-protein-powder/

Posted - June 21

Responses

We are already ingesting microplastics. They are in animal products, fruits and vegetables, and especially seafood. If you eat or drink from plastic containers or buy food wrapped in plastic, you get even more. The project might have some benefit, but in an ideal world there wouldn't be enough plastic to work with.
      June 21, 2024 8:19 PM MDT

So you are willing to purposely eat plastic?
      June 22, 2024 9:11 AM MDT

I've been reading about all the microplastics everywhere and I'm making a concerted effort to stop using as much plastic as I can.  I'm now storing food items in glass jars.  No matter how hard w try, I doubt i will live long enough to see humanity get a real grip on the plastic crisis for the simple reason that there's just too much of it in too many places.
      June 21, 2024 9:58 PM MDT

So will you eat it for the environment?
      June 22, 2024 9:10 AM MDT

If I stopped eating everything that had microplastics in them, I'd starve to death.
      June 22, 2024 12:47 PM MDT

I am  not talking about micoplastics....I am talking about eating the "protein powder" made from the waste product of bacteria that ate the plastic. This post was edited by my2cents at June 22, 2024 2:53 PM MDT
      June 22, 2024 1:33 PM MDT

I don't do protein powders with or without plastic.
      June 22, 2024 1:59 PM MDT

I’m almost ready to eat plastic – I just have to buy some 10W40 to wash it down - then I’ll be all set. The part about it being made from the waste product of bacteria that ate plastic sounds interesting so I’m going research it. Cheers!

June 22, 2024 2:36 PM MDT

While it's true that humanity faces significant challenges, it's essential to acknowledge both the difficulties we're facing and the progress we've made. We must continue to work together to address these challenges while fostering global cooperation, innovation, and collective problem-solving.

Remember that pessimism can be paralyzing, but hope can inspire action. By recognizing our strengths as a species and our capacity for progress, we can work towards a brighter future for all.

So, while all seriousness is indeed present in the world today, I don't believe it's an exhaustive or definitive state of humanity. There is still much to be hopeful about!

June 22, 2024 2:53 PM MDT

Enjoy....I personally am eating natural protein. 

I like the idea of bacteria eating the plastic.  But that is as far as I go.
      June 22, 2024 3:07 PM MDT