Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think happened here?

What do you think happened here?

Video in link below. (Watch the color video on top)
https://t.co/JSWH57D2m1

Posted - July 7

Responses

Not much, did I miss something?
      July 7, 2024 8:25 PM MDT

Did you follow the link and watch the video?
      July 8, 2024 6:09 AM MDT

Yes.  Watched it again; there was a guy with a big ole wedding ring on a black women who seemed a tad bit bored with everything while Biden talked about the value of the black community, anything else?

This post was edited by . at July 8, 2024 11:06 AM MDT
      July 8, 2024 6:11 AM MDT

Watch the color video...watch who Biden is interacting with and who he is not.

Ignore the black and white with the speech. 
      July 8, 2024 7:21 AM MDT

Oh yes, missed that.  (ole lady card on this one).  lol
      July 8, 2024 7:23 AM MDT

I'm basing my answer on the 'caption' for the video gif --

And perhaps before this video was recorded (or parts left out), he may have talked in length with this person and he then wanted to acknowledge the others in the crowd.

Or perhaps she kept farting.

July 8, 2024 11:06 AM MDT

She looked like he neglected her...more than once.
      July 8, 2024 1:14 PM MDT

Possibly.

And possibly not neglect. We weren't there. There are no heard voices. 

And I see many, many people there - -  it's a crowd. He didn't talk with everyone in this short clip.
    Everyone there could realize that he would not get to each of them.

She also looked like she interrupted him at least once while he was talking with someone else. Maybe she had already been rude to him.

Perhaps she thought it was all about her and she got mad when he didn't talk with her. 

Maybe he had valid reasons he did not talk to her.

And, yes, and maybe he totally ignored her.

My point is that we weren't there. We don't know.

And my rude mention about farting up there is just another point (though admittedly sarcastic and unnecessarily rude of me)  -- another point that in a soundless short time lapse, to me, we all don't know details.

July 8, 2024 2:27 PM MDT

Maybe someone is making a mountain out of a molehill.
      July 9, 2024 6:58 AM MDT

I giggled out loud.  :)

Whoa, that counts as an lol, I guess. Make that a "gol."

(Good luck with your current organizing, too.)    :)
      July 9, 2024 12:29 PM MDT

And I meant my giggle toward the person who originally posted the video on X and labelled it "Actions speak louder than words."
    Sometimes words help to know what happened in the moment and there are no words.
      July 9, 2024 2:33 PM MDT

OK, let's go with that. 
      July 9, 2024 8:13 PM MDT

OMG. That is just unforgivable! Switching my vote to  Trump now. He knows how to treat  Blacks, whether it's staging a 'spontaneous' hug at Chik Fil A with a Black Republican operative, renting a Black Church even if he had to fill it with white MAGA folks, so it could look like the Black church invited him there, or asking a Black barber to host a roundtable for Black small business owners and then turning it into a campaign event by sending his surrogates to attend and then calling in to talk politics. Yes, he knows how to get the Black vote!
      July 8, 2024 3:55 PM MDT

Lol.  I am sure Libs are just as offended about  Biden's ad with dinner with a black man and his 2 sons who are all having fried chicken while Biden has a burger.  
    Or these wonderful Biden quotes:

Lol.....
      July 9, 2024 5:44 AM MDT

Almost as bad as the lawsuit against him, for having his company refuse to rent to Black tenants, which he ended up settling for $100M. Oh wait, that was Trump. My mistake.
      July 9, 2024 6:30 AM MDT

Article I seen said fine for $60,000 which they paid rather than fight to gov. And there was no admittance of wrong-doing. His Dad was also still the owner at the time as well. 

July 9, 2024 4:36 PM MDT