Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Assassination attempt on Trump. Anyone surprised?

Assassination attempt on Trump. Anyone surprised?

And the media wonders why we don't trust them...

Posted - July 13

Responses

What happened to your posts about Mark Violet, the Antifa gut being identified as the shooter? Seems like maybe one of your sources got a couple details wrong. I guess that's what happens with breaking news.
      July 14, 2024 6:40 AM MDT

I said it was a name I was hearing....not that it was confirmed.  

CNN knew and refused to report the obvious assassination attempt last night...this is not getting a detail wrong this is a blatant bias. 
      July 14, 2024 7:09 AM MDT

And your source saying it was Antifa was not blatant bias. Got it.
      July 14, 2024 7:33 AM MDT

No it was not bias...it was about an Antifa member who posted a video that morning saying Justice is Comong. 
    An antifa member who was in the area at the time.  There was even a screenshot of him talking about shooting Trump posted on another site.   It was not bias...that is following the information.  As I said it was not confirmed but there was talk about him. 
      July 14, 2024 8:36 AM MDT

News flash. This was a hoax.
      July 14, 2024 8:57 AM MDT

As I said it was not confirmed....and I never claimed it was...so what exactly is your point.  
      July 14, 2024 11:34 AM MDT

My point is that rushing to spread information that is not confirmed is not helpful regardless of whether it is an individual, corporate media or alternative news outlets. 

July 14, 2024 12:09 PM MDT

Far enough. 
      July 14, 2024 12:11 PM MDT

Unconfirmed information should not be disseminated on the internet.
      July 14, 2024 9:11 AM MDT

Gotta have the MSM media tell us what to think....no thanks.   It is our responsibility to discern what information we take as facts or not.   Not the gov or anyone else's.   

As shown above, CNN would have us believe Trump fell at the rally....and the SS interrupted it.   We knew and so did CNN at the time  that it was an assassination attempt.  
      July 14, 2024 11:38 AM MDT

There was less than 30 minutes between the incident and your post; I can't tell when CNN actually posted this, but it would have to have been pretty  quickly. So, I don't know how both you and CNN knew it was an assassination attempt before anyone else, including law enforcement. 

Yes, 'falls' was an unfortunate word, 'drops to  the ground'  would have been more neutral, but other than that, it seems like CNN did their job to let people know something happened without speculation and rumor. And I am not a CNN fan, they are only biased in that they will emphasize whatever brings in the viewers. 

July 14, 2024 12:24 PM MDT

How did I know (CNN, any other news outlet there and the attendee there) that it was an assassination attempt?
    I was watching live (CNN etc were also there live) when the bullets starts flying and one hit Trump, causing him to duck down.  Now you do not have to be a genius to know at that moment it was an assassination attempt.  And if CNN does/did not know at the time they have no business calling themselves a news organization.  He did not "FALL" and was not "INTERRUPTED BY SECRET SERVICE."  And we all knew it at the time.
      July 15, 2024 5:30 AM MDT

OK then. That makes perfect sense. CNN tried to pull a fast one and cover up an assassination attempt and figured no one would notice. Glad you caught it. It even fooled the president . He was asked if he thought it was an assassination attempt 90 minutes after it happened said he had an opinion but didn't have the facts yet. Glad you were watching and able to set the record straight. Thanks!
      July 15, 2024 7:15 AM MDT

You mean Biden could not watch that and not discern for himself that it was an assassination attempt??  No surprise there. 
      July 15, 2024 9:11 AM MDT

Just because a bullet hit Trump, does not mean it was aimed at Trump - its a probability, not a proven fact. Biden had an opinion, but did not comment until it was official. Your same sources for it being Antifa, said this was staged to benefit Trump and make the left look bad. People rush to claim they have inside info. CNN was not the only outlet to not immediately call it ab assassination attempt. Read this or have someone read it to you. Not everything is a conspiracy. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/trump-rally-shocking-images-fill-tv-screens-reporters-111920626
      July 15, 2024 10:01 AM MDT

I know there were others who failed to report an assassination attempt for what it was....but CNN is the one I had the screenshots to post.  Most others are behind a paywall and I am not paying them a dime. 

Yes, there is a post here that implied it was staged for sympathy vote for Trump.  

I know what I saw.  I know when bullets fly at a person that someone is attempting to assassinate that person.  Now if these other news outlets are not that smart...it demonstrates their failures not mine or anyone else smart enough to know an assassination attempt when they see it live. 
      July 15, 2024 11:11 AM MDT

So everyone but you is stupid. Thanks for clearing that up.
      July 15, 2024 11:45 AM MDT

Not everyone just those who could not witness an assassination attempt in real time and not recognize it for what it was. 
      July 15, 2024 12:09 PM MDT

So you're calling me stupid. Nice.
      July 15, 2024 1:49 PM MDT

I am not saying anything about you or any other user here.  

No one here is media and I am quite certain I was the only user here who watched the rally live in real time. 
      July 15, 2024 2:30 PM MDT

Well, it may not have been live, but I saw the video before it was officially called an assassination attempt and wasn't sure if the shots were directed at Trump. So, media or not, by your standards,  I am stupid. And you did not specify the media.
      July 15, 2024 3:15 PM MDT

Look at my question it specifically mentions CNN and I have been repeatedly mentioning media failing to report it for what it was at the time.  

Again, l am speaking specifically about the media and others who were watching live in real time.  Not anyone on this site. Do not put words in my mouth (post)
      July 15, 2024 4:55 PM MDT

If it wasn't in the media, how did you hear about it?  The point is that until something is confirmed, none of us should be bandying about unconfirmed information because it takes on a life of its own true or not.
      July 14, 2024 4:49 PM MDT

Again I follow several news aggregation sites and things tend to show up on them before it hits the MSM...again you have to realize that sometimes things will not be correct and look for confirmation.  

Do you mean the assassination attempt?  I was watching live on TV.  

The name of a person who turned out to be incorrect? From one of the news aggregation sites.  And as I said it was being mentioned,  I did not say it was confirmed.  
      July 15, 2024 5:15 AM MDT

Do you not realize that "news aggregation sites" is the MEDIA?  No, I didn't mean the assassination attempt.  You were bandying about the name of a person as possibly the "assassin" and that person was not.  I thought I was pretty clear that unconfirmed information (i.e., the name of a person) should not be disseminated unless and until that person is confirmed as the shooter, which he was not.  I'm not sure how many other ways I can say this so that you will understand.  
      July 15, 2024 7:47 AM MDT