Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Assassination attempt on Trump. Anyone surprised?

Assassination attempt on Trump. Anyone surprised?

And the media wonders why we don't trust them...

Posted - July 13

Responses

A "Republican" who donates to ActBlue....is a Dem who wants to vote in the Republican primary. 
      July 15, 2024 4:48 PM MDT

A registered Republican is a registered Republican. You don’t get to judge.
      July 15, 2024 7:00 PM MDT

As I said on another thread, if I still lived in my home state of IL (or any other blue state like NY), I would be a registered Democrat...so I could vote against the most liberal Dems in the primaries, because my vote would not matter in the general. AND I am not a Dem by any means. This post was edited by my2cents at July 17, 2024 9:05 AM MDT
      July 15, 2024 7:59 PM MDT

I gave this question a lot of thought and I now think the only person in the whole wide world that was surprised was Donald J Trump. At his Jan. 6th rally Trump demanded that the metal detectors be shut down so everybody could get in to cheer him on. And he figured nobody was there to hurt him because everybody loved him so dearly. So I figure when the bullets started flying Trump was quite surprised. For all we know Trump could be responsible for the possible security problem. Like maybe he didn’t want so many security agents because they got in the photo shots or he didn’t want agents on the roofs because it made him look bad (someone might not like him) or people would be watching the guys on the roof instead of him. Cheers!

July 17, 2024 7:53 AM MDT

Security for Presidents and Former Presidents is the Secret Service and the Sec Mayorkas.   

If Trump did not want agents on the roof, why were there 2 teams on snipers on the roofs behind him?  
    SS failed....we do not know why.  Incompetent or something worse.   The USSS boss said they did not want to put agents on a sloped roof....it was a pole barn....they have like a 1:12 pitch.  They seen this guy 26 min before the shooting  and no one confronted him....it stink to high heaven.  And people need to be held responsible.  
      July 17, 2024 9:03 AM MDT