Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should people with XY chromosomes be allowed to participate in Olympic women's Boxing?

Should people with XY chromosomes be allowed to participate in Olympic women's Boxing?

Posted - July 30

Responses

Of course not. However...if a double X wants to box men, that would be entertaining.
      July 30, 2024 11:07 AM MDT

There are 2 who are competing this year in the Olympics.   They were banned by the International Boxing Association but they are not in charge of the Olympics.   

July 30, 2024 2:33 PM MDT

I have little interest in the Olympics other than Simone Biles, but it seems to me that the rules are pretty inconsistent.  How is it that professional athletes like the basketball team, allows professional players to enter a contest supposedly for amateurs? 
      July 31, 2024 6:40 AM MDT

That would be a  question for the Olympic organizers.   

I am more concerned about women being forced to fight men in boxing.  Men do not belong in women's sports. Especially a physical sport like boxing...they are gonna get some woman killed.
      July 31, 2024 7:44 AM MDT

This isn't boxing, but I find it interesting.

July 31, 2024 11:14 AM MDT

Thomas also should not be allowed to compete in women's swimming either.   But at least Thomas is not physically hitting women.   Men and women are biologically built different.  It is crazy that people do not know this....it used to be common sense.
      July 31, 2024 12:25 PM MDT

Trans folks should have their own category, competing against each other. A MTF is absolutely a woman from a psychological point of view, but post puberty a cis woman can't possibly acquire that kind of body shape without munching roids, which is of course illegal and should remain so.
    I'm quoting a FTM friend of my daughter's.
      August 1, 2024 5:12 AM MDT

Even if they do not go through puberty, there are still biological differences that are just genetic.   Men are taller, longer arms and legs, lungs are bigger. And of course the way the body processes testosterone (which both sexes have) 

No child should be given "hormone blockers."  These are the same drugs that are used for chemical castration.  And shouldn't be using those on children. This post was edited by my2cents at August 1, 2024 6:04 AM MDT
      August 1, 2024 6:03 AM MDT