Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Games » At long last, another AnswerMug word game! Using the letters provided, find the 7-letter English language word hidden in the clues.

At long last, another AnswerMug word game! Using the letters provided, find the 7-letter English language word hidden in the clues.

a an as ash asp ass hag hang hasp hip his hiss I in is nap naps nip nips pain pains pan pans pass pin pins sap saps shin ship ships snaps snap snaps snip snips spa span spans spin spins 

Hints:

1. The bold type list of words above is alphabetical and is derived from a 7-letter English language word, which for the purposes of this game, will be referred to as the mystery word.

2. Only one of the letters in the mystery word repeats itself one time, all of its other letters appear a single time. The mystery word might or might not be plural.

3. The letters in the mystery word that repeat themselves one time are less likely to be vowels.

4. The mystery word has different spellings and different pronunciations in languages other than English.

5. The mystery word is a proper noun, meaning that it is capitalized. 

Caveat:

In forming the list of words above from the mystery word, I used no slang, no abbreviations, no acronyms, no contractions, no plural words, no proper nouns (such as the names of specific people and/or places, and usually capitalized, such as “Spain”). Verbs that end in “S” are valid because they are not plurals.
  While I tried to be as thorough and as accurate as possible in coming up with as many of the English language words that come from the mystery word’s letters as I could, there is a possibility that I may have missed some.
  Additionally, some words formed from the mystery word’s letters were intentionally omitted because while English is made up of many foreign words or parts of foreign words, I tried not to include those which are glaringly and specifically foreign words used by English. In the interest of keeping it clean, I also avoided using any directly profane, vulgar, or foul words in the list.

Today being September 8, 2024, if no one posts the correct answer of what the mystery word is within the next eight days, I will then post it for everyone to see.
  I truly doubt that will be necessary, because I believe one of you or more than one of you may get the answer long prior to that.

6. Have fun! (I almost forgot to include that!)
 ~

Posted - September 8

Responses

Orange
      September 8, 2024 10:50 AM MDT

Gee, I thought you were going to guess “banana”.  Lol.
      ~

September 9, 2024 7:21 AM MDT

Orange you glad I didn't? 
      September 9, 2024 7:49 AM MDT

The a pear ants of N-E answer at awl warms the cockles of my artichoke heart.
      ~

September 9, 2024 8:47 PM MDT

Spanish?
      September 8, 2024 2:19 PM MDT

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

It didn’t even take you a day! Good job, Asker’s Pick is awarded to you for getting the right answer. 

September 9, 2024 7:20 AM MDT

Thanks! I did number 6, too!
      September 9, 2024 12:28 PM MDT

September 10, 2024 7:35 AM MDT