Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What is the title of a movie that in your opinion just isn’t right for the movie or really isn’t a good match for the movie?

What is the title of a movie that in your opinion just isn’t right for the movie or really isn’t a good match for the movie?

~

Posted - September 16, 2024

Responses


  • 24621

    Almost two years later, I came up with a quasi-answer.


    "Funny Games"  ( the original 1997 movie, directed by Michael Haneke )



    Though the title, I believe, does fit the movie, what we viewers watch, and experience, are definitely, definitely, absolutely, NOT "Funny Games."

    I highly recommend this movie but only the original 1997 version. Not the shot-for-shot remake that the director Haneke, himself, made with an English speaking cast.
    I recommend the Austrian/German original, subtitled if one doesn't not speak German. The cast is superb.




      September 6, 2026 12:38 PM MDT
    1

  • 54060

     

      Thank you, I’ll have to give this one a look, and of course I will start with the original German version. 


      Related topic side note: recently I was surprised to find out that my younger brother has neither watched a foreign film nor any subtitled film. I have seen the dozens of both, he told me that he’s never had any interest in anything that wasn’t in English and he doesn’t want the distraction of having to read while watching the movie.
    ~

     

      September 7, 2026 11:10 AM MDT
    1

  • 24621
    Cool!

    If you do watch the 1997 original "Funny Games,"  I also recommend watching closely -- at times, it's very visual and one may miss important details if one is not watching.


    EDIT: And the "cool!" portion of my reply is for the first part of your reply. :)

            And the movie about which we talk here- - it may be a good one for your brother to try with subtitles. Maybe.

    EDIT #2 : correct 'move' to 'movie'



    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 12, 2026 9:45 AM MDT
      September 8, 2026 6:02 AM MDT
    1