Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is there anything about jailing people that criticize judges in Project 2025?

Is there anything about jailing people that criticize judges in Project 2025?

At his last rally Trump went on a rant about people that criticize judges and justices and added that they should be jailed.

At first I thought that would be against the constitution.

Then I remembered all the criticizing Trump did about the judges at his trial.

Then I started wondering if there is anything about jailing people that criticize judges and justices in the Project 2025 book.

Kind of seems like that is something that would be in it. Cheers!

Posted - Tue at 5:05 PM

Responses

No idea what P2025 has in it.    It is not Trump's agenda.

Trump was talking about people attacking judges, threatening judges.   People like Chuck Schumer who threatened Kavanagh and other SCOTUS justices.  This is already illegal.
      September 24, 2024 5:30 PM MDT

Chuck Schumer didn’t threaten Kavanagh and other SCOTUS justices. Schumer wanted Kavanagh investigated for sexual assault allegations before he was giving a seat in the supreme court – but Trump had that investigation shut down. At the resent rally Trump did say that people that “criticize” judges and justices should be jailed. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at September 25, 2024 7:11 AM MDT
      September 25, 2024 6:25 AM MDT

Trump did not have that shut down it was done before he was confirmed to the court.

Yes, Schumer did make a threat.  He did apologize for it after a crazy  Dem showed up at Kavanagh house with a gun. 

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price," Schumer, who was then minority leader, said at the time. "You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

That is NOT criticism, that was a threat. 
      September 25, 2024 7:21 AM MDT