Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is the awesomest thing in the universe whether fiction or fact? Why do you think that?

What is the awesomest thing in the universe whether fiction or fact? Why do you think that?

Posted - November 13, 2016

Responses

How did the 'universe' come about?  Big Bang, my a$$!  Where did the 'bang' come from? Where did the 'big' come from?  Our weak little mammal brains will never know.  
      November 13, 2016 6:22 AM MST

• The Big Bang is euphemism.   It was neither big or any kind of bang.  Quite the opposite actually.
      November 13, 2016 6:37 AM MST

There are many mysteries in the world of physics.   Multiple dimensions...parallel universes...wormholes...black holes..dark matter. We haven't yet been able get a unified theory of everything. They're working on it. They have been working on it for ever so long. They will keep working on it long after we're gone. They haven't even been able to incorporate gravity with any degree of success into existing theories. Will they? I dunno. Thank you for your reply bh!   :)
      November 13, 2016 7:18 AM MST

It is a lovely answer m'dear but I disagree. I think HATE is stronger and lasts longer. It is passed down as a legacy from generation to generation.  It  could well be in the DNA of those who have known nothing else. We have to be taught to love. Contrary to the song in South Pacific which says "we have to be taught to hate". I don't think so. We just watch  the adults in our lives carry insulting posters and say insulting/ugly things and we hate. I wish what you said were true universally and ubiquitously but I don't think reality will substantiate that.  Apathy. That may be even more prevalent and insidious than hate.Thank you for your reply WW and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 13, 2016 7:14 AM MST

Gravity is pretty awesome because without gravity there would be no existence. 
      November 13, 2016 7:20 AM MST

Yes, I think gravity is more complex than anyone ever imagined. It is a key to so much more. I have my own theories, but I don't really know enough about physics to apply any ideas. 
      November 13, 2016 8:16 AM MST

Well I look at the picture simply like this: a black hole as a concentrated force of gravity and when the 'big bang' occurred (whatever caused that event) energy /matter was released to create existence of the universe. 
      November 13, 2016 8:36 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

That it all came from this little teeny tiny thing called a singularity.

excon
      November 13, 2016 7:29 AM MST

• Chaos.
      November 13, 2016 7:32 AM MST

• Love, compassion, caring. 
      November 13, 2016 8:49 AM MST