Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Has anyone had any recurring dreams lately?

Has anyone had any recurring dreams lately?

I keep dreaming of strangling my dogs. Weird.

Posted - November 14, 2016

Responses

No, thank God. I hardly remember my dreams, but when I do, they are too weird. I dream like Escher draws--in the 4th dimension. 
      November 14, 2016 10:50 PM MST

Your dream means you will encounter damage and loss. I looked it up. 
      November 14, 2016 10:52 PM MST

It certainly is distressing to experience, though I don't hold dreams to have any prophetic significance. I'm only puzzled by what possible subconscious meaning, if there even is any such meaning, is to be found within these dreams.
      November 14, 2016 10:59 PM MST

I keep having gross dreams about Hillary and Trump. I wish people would stop talking about them. Ew..
      November 14, 2016 11:12 PM MST

I have lots of them like I keep dreaming that I'm my current age but for some reason I have to do school all over again so I'm a 23 year old sitting at a tiny desk in a school room with little kids but then I remember graduating from high school so I get up and walk out and that makes me wake up.

Then I also keep dreaming that I wake up but I don't really wake up it's just a dream but when I start to get dressed I notice I have like 6 or 8 nipples with 3 or 4 in a row on each side like a cat or a dog has.  Ummm, that's kind of a disturbing dream.

I also have a recurring dream that it's at night and my husband tells me to come outside and look because we have an extra moon and there are 2 or 3 moons in the sky.

My other recurring dream is that I can see the mountains in the west from my house but IRL the mountains are 350 miles to the west and in the dream there's a city made out of giant crystal towers at the bottom of the mountains and I want to walk to it but it just keeps moving away as I walk towards it.

So umm yeah, dreams are kind of weird. This post was edited by Livvie at November 15, 2016 10:06 PM MST
      November 14, 2016 11:50 PM MST

I often have recurring dreams.  There are several recurring themes I have had for many, many years, details may change, but the themes/locations are always the same.  
      November 14, 2016 11:51 PM MST

I don't recall my dreams. :-/
      November 15, 2016 1:37 AM MST

Hi, Hvvenezia. 

I've dreamt repeatedly about cats before, sometimes my own cats, or sometimes unknown cats, specifically with three separate recurring dreams: I chase and try catching my cat, but all I get is a handful of hair; One cat attacks another and kills it by strangulation/breaking its neck; I find a dead kitten. 

I have been remembering my dreams a lot more since I quit getting stoned. If I think about my dreams when I just wake up and lay in bed for a few minutes, I'm much more likely to recall them. Also if I retell them aloud, as I'm recalling them, I'm much more likely to remember them for more than just a day or an hour or so. It's weird how dreams seem so real, and yet how easily they can be forgotten... 

I don't believe dreams are "signs" or that they say anything more about the mind we don't know already, which really just amounts to knowing that humans are weird, and our minds are weird. I have experienced some weird coincidences, though, where I'll remember something later in the day that could somehow relate to last night's dream(s). Just coincidences. 

What's your dream about the dogs like? Does it scare you? I had a dream recently where I shot someone in my kitchen, and I woke up terrified. 
      November 26, 2016 4:10 PM MST