Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Checked your walls and ceiling lately? A Cleveland couple found $45K stashed away in suitcases during a remodel. How about that?

Checked your walls and ceiling lately? A Cleveland couple found $45K stashed away in suitcases during a remodel. How about that?

Posted - November 20, 2016

Responses

I've told this story before ----------------- when I was a boy, we lived in a duplex with my grandparents. Grandpa was a retired businessman who had done well, but not a millionaire. This was about 1960 that I discovered their 'loose change hoard'. I was cleaning up the basement and moving some fruit jars around when I stumbled across some cabinets lined with dozens of fruit jars FILLED WITH SILVER COINS!  The next day, my father recommended that they put the coins in the bank. They counted all the coins, just some loose change that grandpa had been saving for some 50 years. It totaled several thousand dollars. I'm not sure about that total, because I remember jars full of silver dollars. Can you imagine the value today?
      November 20, 2016 6:09 AM MST

Thanks, BW that was good.  Probably 30 thousand?  Even if it was ONE thousand that is a rush to find.
      November 20, 2016 6:59 PM MST

no, i cant reach the ceilings
      November 20, 2016 6:45 PM MST