Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Did you know Germany is considered among the strictest in gun control in the world?

Did you know Germany is considered among the strictest in gun control in the world?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-25-injured-mass-shooting-161518404...

And yet a person got a gun and killed 25 people.....

Posted - June 23, 2016

Responses

Countries with strict gun control don't have higher murder rates, Deaves. That is just NRA disinformation. You keep banging on about China. I gave you the link to the China data, which is disputed, so you can't be any more certain about it than I am. http://www.economist.com/news/china/21575767-official-figures-showing-sharp-drop-chinas-murder-rate-are-misleading-murder-mysteries
      June 24, 2016 7:34 AM MDT

You may draw whatever conclusion you wish, but it is based mainly in your personal bias. Bear in mind that Germany has a much smaller and more homogeneous population, and you also must factor in the national aversion to the extreme violence of the Holocaust (a big reason the population is so much smaller and more ethnically homogeneous) and WW2. That was enough gun violence for the ages, so current law may or may not make much of a difference. You would need a lot more info than you probably have to objectively reach any sort of conclusion.
      June 24, 2016 9:49 AM MDT

Hello J:

Well, as it turns out, he didn't kill anybody, but I understand your question.  Lemme answer it with another question.  Did you know that maximum security PRISONS are RIFE with drugs???  

excon

June 24, 2016 10:04 AM MDT

I know all the hundreds of laws passed have done nothing to stop criminals.

I know the murder rate in the US has been dropping since 1992. It has fallen from 9.7 per 100k to 3.4 per 100k.

More useless laws is not the answer. Laws were broken in all the shootings.

Until you deal with the human problem people will still do harm to others.

June 24, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

Hello deaves:

Crime rate DOWN.  Prison population UP.   Tell me MORE about laws not working.

excon

June 24, 2016 10:21 AM MDT

Calling them refugees is suspect to start with..............mostly young strong looking men, much more so than women and children.  Then there are the women who speak to the press about their dissatisfaction with how they are being cared for by host countries.   That's the press coverage.   There is no tug on my heart to open the border to them.

June 24, 2016 11:46 AM MDT

I don't know and I don't know what you think is funny.  I'm not a news junkie and don't watch news all the time.  I do subscribe to several news magazines which are all liberally biased but I'm good at wading through the muck.  That's where I read about this and saw the pictures.  I saw a couple of videos of women complaining about having to stay in a hotel .  I'm not sure if they thought they should have an apartment or what.  The pictures I've seen of groups arriving in Greece and Germany were mostly young strong-looking males.  That is what I've seen.  I would call you just one more idiot but the owner of the site frowns on that. 

June 24, 2016 2:10 PM MDT

Gun sales skyrocket. Crime plunges.

June 24, 2016 2:54 PM MDT

This question is absolutely bogus....How about your picture ?

June 26, 2016 1:57 PM MDT