Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Is everybody Trumped out, or are you too stuffed with turkey hormones to talk politics?

Is everybody Trumped out, or are you too stuffed with turkey hormones to talk politics?

I can hardly believe there are no Trump questions. It's like a miracle! Too much turkey? One more day of rest and recreation before we go back to work. I've been sick for 4 days, and have cabin fever. I am about to get well though. There is hope. BTW, I never had turkey. 

Posted - November 26, 2016

Responses

I think we're in a relatively calm period where the incoming administration isn't doing all that much, so there's not much to discuss.

Moreover, when Der Trumpenfuhrer does do something, the discussion about it tends to be a repeat of previous discussions. Those who support Trump assert his actions are for the good, and those who dislike Trump assert his actions are examples of the vary qualities they find so appaling in him.

For example, when it was reported Trump was going to name Dr. Ben Carson as director of Housing and Urban Development, the justification Trump supporters gave was along the lines of "Well, he grew up in a ghetto, so he knows the problems of poor neighborhoods." By that "logic," the fact I lived under the landing pattern of Burbank Airport makes me an expert either in aerospace engineering or civilian air transport policy (or both). Thus, no progress is made.
      November 27, 2016 12:22 AM MST

• Trump ... Turkey? .... Aren't they one and the same?
      November 27, 2016 3:45 AM MST

Easy there, hot stuff!  Ben Franklin wanted the wild turkey to be the first symbol of the United States! The bald eagle ended up the winner. (thankfully)
      November 27, 2016 5:44 AM MST