Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Please explain WHY working people would support someone who doesn't believe in having a minimum wage? Do they WANT to earn less? Why?

Please explain WHY working people would support someone who doesn't believe in having a minimum wage? Do they WANT to earn less? Why?

Posted - November 27, 2016

Responses

• Bez

The Left believe in having a minimum wage. Those who don't believe in that are extreme Right-wing. Some workers, for reasons known only to themselves, are extreme Right-wingers (one can always spot them, they are the ones constantly spouting out hateful racist and sexist drivel) and they would rather earn less than the minimum wage than even slightly agree with a Left-winger. They are closet Hitlers, the lot of them.
      November 27, 2016 6:42 AM MST

• He does think it should be higher, just can't make up his mind if it should be the Feds who raise it for the whole country, or is the individual states should set it themselves. He keeps flip-flopping on how it should be.
      November 27, 2016 6:50 AM MST

Then however did he get into such a position? People want steadfast, solid people in positions of power, not weirdos who can't make up their minds.
      November 27, 2016 7:00 AM MST

• I understand. He's just trying to figure out which way would be more beneficial. 
      November 27, 2016 7:09 AM MST

He should have figured that out ages ago, and then stuck with it.
      November 27, 2016 7:10 AM MST

• I agree with you. I think he said a lot of things during his campaign that he wasn't aware of how limited he will be as president. I am not defending him, just posting that he isn't against minimum wage, he just doesn't know what he's going to do, if anything, about it. 
      November 27, 2016 7:14 AM MST

That's one of the reasons why I think he's unsuitable to be a President. Presidents should already know what they are going to do from having already planned ahead. Trump obviously hasn't planned ahead.
      November 27, 2016 7:18 AM MST

• Well, when Papa Bush was running he said, "Read my lips. NO MORE NEW TAXES!" First thing he did when he took office? Raised taxes. They ALL make promises they can't fulfill, or don't realize they can't fulfill once they gain office. 
      November 27, 2016 7:33 AM MST

Why do you think that is, Karen?
      November 27, 2016 8:57 AM MST

• Because they will say anything to get elected. 
      November 27, 2016 9:12 AM MST

I wouldn't have thought that would get them elected, Karen. As I said in an earlier comment, people want solid, steadfast people in power, not changeable, mercurial weirdos.
      November 27, 2016 5:53 PM MST

• That's what people want,  but that's not what we get.  All of them make promises they can't keep,  or have no intention of keeping. 
      November 27, 2016 7:21 PM MST

A billionaire who is a weirdo? He flip-flops because he is getting feedback from people on both sides of the coin. This is typical politician behavior.
      November 27, 2016 9:50 AM MST

• I'm sure that will happen with quite a few things he's promised.  They may not be as easy to fulfill as he thought.  If he can get some of them done, that would be great. 
      November 27, 2016 7:25 PM MST

bhwilson, I think this "billionaire" is exaggerated BS. I honestly don't believe any single person owns a billion dollars. It's an astronomical amount. Trump may be a multi-millionaire, but a billionaire? I very much doubt it.
      November 28, 2016 10:48 AM MST

It is the most curious puzzling thing for me to understand Andy. Normal folks want to earn money to provide for their families. The more they earn the more they can provide.   Those who don't are abnormal to me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:18 AM MST

Exactly, Rosie. Normal folks who want to earn money to provide for their families want stability. They don't have stability with people who "flip-flop". Lol:)

Happy Monday to you too, Rosie! By the way, did you know there was a band in the 1990s called the Happy Mondays? One of their members was known as Bez, a nickname by which I am also known to my friends. In fact I used to have an alternative AB account called Bez. I created it in the hopes of avoiding trolls who trolled me on my first account, but alas I got trolled on that account as well.
      November 28, 2016 10:54 AM MST

They probably do it to aggravate you and to provide you with more of your anti-Trump fodder. You should be thankful to them for contributing to your new-found purpose in life. 
    __ This post was edited by Randy D at November 27, 2016 7:05 AM MST
      November 27, 2016 6:47 AM MST

Hello Randy:

It IS easier to attack rather than defend.  Rosie and me have enough political fodder to last a lifetime..  Git ready.

excon
      November 27, 2016 6:54 AM MST

"Attack"?  That's cute. 

Rosie doesn't need defending!  What are you saying, thats she's wrong?

:|
      November 27, 2016 6:56 AM MST

Hello again, Randy:

I thought YOU were the English guru, and you couldn't figure out what I said????  If Rosie attacked PEOPLE on this cite, I could understand your confusion..  But, she doesn't, so I don't.

excon
      November 27, 2016 7:06 AM MST

Hello again, ExCon,

When read in conjuction with not only your first comment to me on this thread but also in view of the general stance you've taken in the past, your use of the word 'attack' lead to the conclusion of its import. Please realize that there's no way that one can read your mind. 
    ~
      November 27, 2016 7:14 AM MST

:):):) ((hugs)) 'Nuff said excon! :)
      November 28, 2016 3:21 AM MST

Randy, why would working people want to deliberately aggravate Rosie when they don't even know her? Was your answer intended as a joke? Lol:) This post was edited by Bez at November 27, 2016 7:08 AM MST
      November 27, 2016 6:58 AM MST