Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Why are more people more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

Why are more people more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

I'm watching a TV discussion about "A Murder in Montrose" documentary. They asked this.

Posted - June 23, 2016

Responses

A very good question!  And one that, unfortunately, I have no answer for but I wish I did.

June 23, 2016 11:13 PM MDT
  • D&D

Because it'll make you think about their X-rated activities and that'll disgust you. Sort of like when your parents kiss really uh sexually. No one wants to see that.

If I had to wager a guess.

June 23, 2016 11:54 PM MDT

That would not be true here in DK. Thankfully ;-))

So I guess it is a matter of cultural conditioning.

Another question in this vein is: "Why are splatter films with blood and body pieces spraying in all directions OK, but films with a bare nipple forbidden?"

June 24, 2016 12:03 AM MDT

That depends who you ask. Living here in NYC, I see same-sex couples holding hands all the time, and I'm much more comfortable with that.
      June 24, 2016 12:06 AM MDT

June 24, 2016 1:09 AM MDT

It is against nature and it is sickening to anyone that is not drinking the Koolaid.

June 24, 2016 1:11 AM MDT

But holding guns is natural and thus OK? Who are you to judge anyone?
      June 24, 2016 6:16 AM MDT

• As many ways as  there are to interpret this clever play on words, in some of them the image of two men holding hands is definitely more palatable than the image of men holding their guns. 

June 24, 2016 2:19 PM MDT

• Why do you think it's sickening silver?

June 24, 2016 2:20 PM MDT

I am totally pro-gay.  I do get some creepy feelings about men or women using the public to display their passionate affections.

Holding hands is GREAT.   Kissing is great.  But passionate tonguing and feeling each other up belongs in the bedroom or at least out of my eyesight.  UGH.  Cheap display is for morons.   And that goes for hetero and homo sexuals.  Keep it in your pantaloons till you get home.

June 24, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

Stepper, I didn't know holding hands was ever illegal.
      June 24, 2016 5:42 PM MDT

June 24, 2016 6:23 PM MDT

Stu:

Is It Right to Judge?

How many times have you heard someone whine, "Judge not, that ye be not judged?" This verse of Scripture from Matthew 7:1 is often quoted out of context by people who are terrified at the idea of someone preaching against sin or pointing out any form of error in anyone, especially in themselves.

As I stood in a voting line one day I overheard a woman justifying her foolish choice for president by saying, "Well, we aren't supposed to judge." Imagine that! Choosing NOT to judge a political candidate on election day! No wonder our nation is in such a mess!

As for Matthew 7:1, the context (verses 1-5) allows judging after you have first judged YOURSELF. Jesus did not make a blanket statement against judgment. He simply pointed out a RULE for judging.

Now, the word "judge" in its various forms (judgeth, judging, judgment, judges, etc) is found over 700 times in God's word. One whole book of the Bible is titled "Judges" for it was written at a time when God raised up judges to lead His people.

As we are about to see, God EXPECTS His people to judge. In fact, you are sinning against God if you refuse to judge! (Read that again, please)

God Expects Us to Judge

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa. 37:30) A righteous person will talk of judgment. He will not REFUSE to judge. He will talk judgment.

"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:14-15) How can you hate the evil and love the good if you refuse to judge? You can't. You are SINNING when you refuse to judge.

Our generation is well described in Isaiah 59:8: "The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace." People have refused to judge, so there is no peace.

Paul said in I Corinthians 1:10 to ". . . be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." Why would Paul make such a statement if judging is wrong? In I Corinthians 2:15 Paul says, "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." Judging is not a sin; judging is a characteristic of being a spiritual person! Satan has been lying to us, hoping that we will NOT judge, because he knows that the right kind of judgment PLEASES God and betters our lives and Christian service.

Someone says, "But should we judge PEOPLE?" Yes, we certainly should. Paul actually REBUKES the Corinthians for NOT judging: "Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?" (I Cor. 6:1-5) If judging is wrong, then Paul needs to confess and repent for misleading these Christians! He clearly told them to JUDGE PEOPLE.

If judging people is wrong, how can we obey Romans 16:17-18? II Corinthians 6:17? II Timothy 3:5-6? I John 4:1? Friend, if judging is wrong, then God has contradicted Himself and His words cannot be trusted!

Notice Malachi 3:18: "Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." WOW! Does that sound like it is wrong to judge?

What about Revelation 2:2? " I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:" Why would the Lord be pleased with these Christians if judging was wrong? Is it not impossible to find someone a "liar" without judging them?

If the Bible is clear about anything, it is clear about the importance of judging on a regular basis in order to properly serve and honor God. To ignore this fact is to ignore all of the Scripture just presented and also the rest of the Bible. God expects us to judge.

June 24, 2016 6:29 PM MDT

Dang . You beat me to it. I was just grabbing this one:

June 24, 2016 7:04 PM MDT

LMAO There are freaky straight people too. Plenty of 'em. Log into adultMug for about a minute and you'll learn that pretty quickly.

(No offence to the freaky people of adultMug. To each his own. lol)

June 24, 2016 7:05 PM MDT

Haha!  No offense taken.  ;-)

June 24, 2016 7:09 PM MDT

Semper, do you automatically start thinking of a man/woman's x-rated activities, every time you see THEM holding hands too? I think that says more about you than it does them. It's entirely up to you what you choose to give thought to. It's not the fault of anyone else if something as simple as holding hands, causes you to visualize the two of them having sex.
      June 25, 2016 3:59 AM MDT

•   June 25, 2016 8:52 AM MDT

• You know my friend?
    You may be right, and it may be sickening, but it would still be sickening perhaps if it was a heterosexual couple too.
    I don't understand it, I don't understand why some people are attracted to what theyare. But I'm fairly sure that The same way you didn't decide to be hetero sexual neither did them.
    I don't think J would care as much as some do, if I was a believer. Being hateful makes people not want to listen to you, and it makes your heart dark and heavy. I think.

June 25, 2016 9:04 AM MDT

•   June 25, 2016 9:29 AM MDT

• I do love a question that makes me smile.  That is an excellent one MM.  ;)  

June 25, 2016 9:32 AM MDT

not sure why but i would be more comfortable with them holding hands since i hate guns

June 25, 2016 8:30 PM MDT

Love the picture! Why do you care who anybody loves? Or how they dress? Were you THERE? Did someone force you to go or to look at these people. You seem awfully comfortable with PREACHING, but  VERY uncomfortable with an opposing opinion. Hmmm....go figure~

June 26, 2016 2:29 PM MDT

June 26, 2016 2:38 PM MDT