Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What's your best home remedy for chronic constipation?

What's your best home remedy for chronic constipation?

~

Posted - December 3, 2016

Responses

How about a nice tall glass of prune juice.
      December 3, 2016 1:16 AM MST

Endorsed by Worf!...;-D....

December 3, 2016 2:10 AM MST

Insert a mento then squirt in a few ounces of pepsi.

(Stole the idea from Anonymous Witch)
      December 3, 2016 1:43 AM MST

Thank you. 
    ~
      December 3, 2016 7:15 AM MST

• Watching Donald trump on the campaign .. He certainly gives me the ...
      December 3, 2016 2:44 AM MST

I wouldn't know. But the fact that you need one explains a lot about you. In any case, once Sharona is on on-line, I'm sure she will fix you right up. Thanks in advance Sharona.
      December 3, 2016 3:40 AM MST

I'm asking for a friend. 

~
      December 3, 2016 7:15 AM MST

I know that's not true. You have no friends.
      December 3, 2016 8:57 AM MST

Ok, JaneS, ok!  I tried my best to keep it a secret, but you just had to get that last jab in, didn't you?  Fine, the cat's out of the bag now, all gloves are off. 

(Folks, JaneS asked me to post this question for her. She's not into posing questions herself, she prefers answering and commenting only. She's also a very private person, and found the topic a bit embarrassing. As to why she'd turn on me after I comply with the favor she asked, it's all part of the psychosis. Humor her, please. I certainly do.)

~
      December 3, 2016 9:09 AM MST

This, right here, is why you have no friends.
      December 3, 2016 12:45 PM MST

My doctor recently said to put 5-6 prunes in a glass of water before bed. In the morning drink the water and eat the prunes. She said it worked better than prune juice or just the prunes by themselves. Do it every morning.
    Also water. Drink the recommended daily amount. Doing both of those helped me a lot when I had to take daily iron because of anemia.
      December 3, 2016 4:28 AM MST

Thank you!
    ~
      December 3, 2016 7:14 AM MST

You're very welcome.
      December 3, 2016 8:26 AM MST

• Two runny eggs and cup of strong coffee.
      December 3, 2016 9:09 AM MST

We've run into this a lot. One of my kiddos has a sensitive tummy and surgeries and stuff can cause it. Really, it's best to identify the cause. Dehydration will cause it. Lack of fiber. If it's one of those, then you can give your body what it needs. I'm with the others on prune juice/ prunes, though. That's all we've ever used, but it's crazy potent. Don't try it unless you'r staying home or you know how your body will react and start out with very small amounts- maybe 3-4 prunes or 1/4- 1/2 glass of juice. If you start out with a full glass of prune juice or you eat half a bag, you're going to be in the bathroom for most of the day... which may be great if you're seriously blocked up and need relief, but it's not good if you're using prunes to maintain normal functions.
      December 3, 2016 9:59 AM MST

Blocking off part of an entire day is a perfect front for staying logged onto AnswerMug for hours on end!

Thanks, Mom!
    :)
      December 3, 2016 5:24 PM MST

• I don't know about chronic constipation, but I've solved occasional constipation (which tends to happen to me sometimes) with fiber supplements and increased water intake. 
      December 3, 2016 11:43 AM MST

Thank you. 

~
      December 3, 2016 5:25 PM MST

I've accidentally discovered these:

.one whole can of pineapple before bed

. drink all of the juice left in the kosher dill pickle jar when pickles are gone

.chew two whole packs of sugar free gum in a short time*

.have a few sugar-free fruit flavored popsicles*

.eat a small bag of sugar-free peppermints*

.for dinner have a plate full of asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and steamed okra

*Sorbitol or sugar  alcohol is the culprit so most sugar-free candies will work.

Good luck

December 3, 2016 8:03 PM MST

Thank you. If they're all combined in one sitting, I will be, er, um, that is to say my friend, will be as clean as a brand new stainless steel ventilation duct. 

~
      December 4, 2016 4:29 AM MST