Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » When people say "Jesus is returning soon", what does that mean?

When people say "Jesus is returning soon", what does that mean?

I've heard it my entire life and he still hasn't showed up. Do they even know what they're talking about? 

Posted - December 9, 2016

Responses

Scripture tells us that nobody knows when Jesus will return but Christians should live as if He could come anytime---YEP.
      December 10, 2016 1:14 PM MST

1 Thes 5:1-4

1Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

Did you know that those of us who believe will not be surprised?  I, too, have always been told we will not know when Jesus is going to return and that Jesus will come as a thief in the night, but that is not us that is to the unbelievers who likely will be worshiping the Antichrist at the time (the will not be looking for His return--they will be thinking He is already here).  My husband just recently found this in the Bible and showed it to me. I was surprised.
      December 10, 2016 1:17 PM MST

Hello Rufus. Here is an interesting article that brings out some of the scriptures showing events leading to armageddon:
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014263?q=%22Events+Leading+Up+to+Armageddon%22&p=par

Events Leading Up to Armageddon

December 14, 2016 4:27 AM MST

• Of course they don't know. It's a bunch of hogwash.
      December 10, 2016 6:51 PM MST

• Same concept as  " the cheque is in the mail .. honest  ,,,)  "  cept they actually believe it  . 
     and repeating it helps them convince themselves .  against the fact that there is  no  proof   or  solid evidence  of it  ,, nor  of him ever being here in the first place .  

December 10, 2016 7:12 PM MST

Hello TAW. While many question rather or not Jesus performed miracles, not very many question rather He really existed:
    http://answermug.com/forums/topic/11001/did-jesus-really-exist-what-do-both-modern-and-ancient-authori/view/post_id/128458
      December 14, 2016 4:29 AM MST

• somebody with the  name  jesus  might have  existed    ?  

color me  converted  . 
      December 14, 2016 7:15 AM MST

Most want to believe that jesus' return will be in a literal sense. they fail to understand that Jesus gave up his physical body as a ransom sacrifice on behalf of sinful mankind. he returned to the heavens where he originated from in spirit form. When the bible speaks of christ's return it is referring to the time when he will direct his full attention to the destruction of this wicked system of things and peaceful conditions will be restored to earth. (Daniel 2:44)
      December 11, 2016 10:14 PM MST