Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Hate makes fools of haters. Their brains are on hiatus and all they do is attack. They refuse to see what they are. Are they braindead?

Hate makes fools of haters. Their brains are on hiatus and all they do is attack. They refuse to see what they are. Are they braindead?

Posted - December 11, 2016

Responses

• Pin Oh The Irony Meme on Pinterest
      December 11, 2016 10:45 AM MST

• Perfect! :)
      December 11, 2016 1:02 PM MST

• Aw yes I Know what you mean.... the ones who can't seem to engage in reasoned debate and just resort to personal insults and attacks...
      December 11, 2016 12:05 PM MST

Good point, Daydream. I wonder if it also applies to Rosie when she declines to engage in reasoned debate (she's really a seasoned veteran at avoiding it), and when she posts her thinly-veiled personal attacks and insults (she can't crawl out from under that either; she does it all the time).
      December 11, 2016 12:29 PM MST

• Well Randy... you are, of course, entitled to your opinion and we all have our own styles of engaging on here... I stand up to bullies and tackle things head on.. I am known for it... lol well until I get bored and move on, I am known for that too.. I have a short attention span and continually seek new thrills  whoops I mean debates rather than going over the same old ground.. so that's MY style.. 

Rosie has her own style and her own place here.. Her's is perhaps more to prompt debate and to make us think.. she is a catalyst... and you know what? That's fine too... we all have our place, we all have our style and we are all entitled to our opinions.. and in terms of debating.. I have NEVER seen Rosie resort to the things she was referring to aka haters, and those who hate so much that they become fools.. I'd add rabid fools... We all know the sort....
      December 12, 2016 10:00 AM MST

I knew you would m'dear. Understand the question. You always do. Thank you for your reply DdbTD ! :)
      December 12, 2016 4:58 AM MST

You don't hate anything or anyone?  So it's ok when you do it, you just decree that others can't do it. 

I am NOT defending hatred of anything or anyone. Nor am I accusing you of hating anything or anyone. I am merely presenting a straightforward question to you, one that you and I both know you're unlikely to answer.  If you do answer it, and do so truthfully, then you would be engaging in the exact repartee that facilitates understanding of others' viewpoints.
      December 11, 2016 12:25 PM MST

• @Randy... Rosie never said that.. please don't presume to put words into someone else's mouth... Rosie never said, nor even hinted that she decrees that other's can't hate.. She was referring to a particular type of hater who expresses their hatred in a way that makes us think they are brain dead..
    As for pressing Rosie.. you know I am sure never meant it that way but please be careful not to harass others on this group... no one has to do anything just cos someone else says so or pressures them to do so. We all vary in how we do things, what we do and in our ability to tackle confrontation.. many just don't like that and avoid it.. it doesn't make them any better or worse or weaker or stronger than anyone else.. 

Me I am a head on confronter.. well as long as i even notice it..but that does NOT make me better or worse than anyone else.. it's just I am a certain way others are not...

I will tell you a funny story, not hilariously funny, but mildly amusing, it's about me and makes me look silly.. but hey if we cannot poke fun at ourselves we aren't worth anything.. so.. the story. I had a really, really difficult student last week, a bad evening, lots going wrong, then this bolshy student.. and she was having a go at me.. she was talking real fast, the way very young people often do, and mumbly.. now i couldnt HEAR her, I am a bit deaf.. but the body language was clear... she was angry and she was challenging me... Now I am VERY confrontational as we all know.. if i see, it, if I hear it I HAVE to tackle it... it's who i am.. but.. in this case.. I could tell she was angry but I couldnt hear what she was saying.. she could have been calling me names... but i couldnt hear it so i couldnt prove it.. so i couldn't challenge it... lol so I smiled sweetly and directed her back into the room where she was supposed to be taking an exam... Sometimes I wish I could be more like Rosie.. I wish I could just not rise to the bait.. I wish I could say, you know what, it's not worth it.. its not what i am about..  but i am not like that.. more's the pity.. We should ALL Be a lot more like Rosie and a lot less like me!
      December 12, 2016 10:11 AM MST

Hi DdbTD! It's me, Rosie G. Thanks for the kind words. It is very sweet of you and I appreciate it! :):):)
      December 12, 2016 11:19 AM MST

• Great question, Rosie. It's good to see your sense of humour shining through.
      December 11, 2016 1:03 PM MST

Really? You think the question is great? Then can you explain your positive response to someone who contributed a picture of an iron? How is that relevant to my question Didge? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday.
      December 12, 2016 5:00 AM MST

• You really didn't understand my answer, did you?
      December 12, 2016 1:26 PM MST

Hate makes disease.   It manifests in your cell tissue and causes cancer and all kinds of anomalies.   This does NOT mean that people who have cancer are haters.  It does mean that hate is toxic and can cause all kinds of self-destruction from the physical to the mental to the spiritual.
      December 11, 2016 1:33 PM MST

Grumpy Cat approves!...;-D...

December 11, 2016 3:12 PM MST

It takes hammering to turn coal in to a diamond, you know.
      December 11, 2016 3:13 PM MST

Actually, the scientific research suggests the opposite (when it comes to people).

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/12/the-science-of-success/307761/ This post was edited by OldSchoolTheSKOSlives at December 11, 2016 3:17 PM MST
      December 11, 2016 3:15 PM MST

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      December 11, 2016 3:18 PM MST

You are totally right when it comes to bringing up a child, but in matters of appreciating and respecting what matters in life, most people have to make a lot of wrong turns before they get it. 
      December 11, 2016 3:21 PM MST

Re: "...most people have to make a lot of wrong turns before they get it."

Hey! I resemble...er, resent that remark!...;-D...
      December 11, 2016 3:25 PM MST

I don't think you made any wrong turns.  I think you are not done turning yet.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 11, 2016 3:28 PM MST
      December 11, 2016 3:26 PM MST

Let's go to the video...;-D...

December 11, 2016 3:29 PM MST

That happened to me kind of in Sedona.  I flipped twice.  Did not get a scratch on me. 
      December 11, 2016 4:11 PM MST

Yoda will transform grumpy cat into lovey cat. Just wait. Mahalo for your reply and the graphic OS! :)
      December 12, 2016 5:05 AM MST

I think so too. Haters scare me. They are loose cannons who can and do go off in any direction at any time for any reason or no reason. Hate destroys the body experiencing it. I have always thought that was where the real damage occurred. I don't trust them. I don't believe them. I don't want to be anywhere near them. They have NOTHING positive/useful/substantive to offer.  Thank you for your reply Sharonna! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 12, 2016 5:03 AM MST
      December 12, 2016 5:03 AM MST