Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » For those of you who are retired from your jobs/professions, do you ever regret not retiring sooner than you did?

For those of you who are retired from your jobs/professions, do you ever regret not retiring sooner than you did?

~

Posted - December 12, 2016

Responses

Nope.

For me, although it was early retirement, it was spot on to help my mother who had run into her terminal illness.

When she passed away, they let me back part time for a few months on a project involving the primitive computer language Assembler which no-one speaks anymore. Turned out someone had spotted an error and corrected it wrongly and irretrievably.

December 12, 2016 7:39 AM MST

• I was also an early retiree because of medical conditions but I don't regret it one single second. I do as I please, when I please. I retired about the right time to enjoy much of life.
      December 12, 2016 8:36 AM MST

Another disappearing answer...
      December 12, 2016 1:48 PM MST

No. I retired at the perfect time for me.  I reached my goal for retirement savings and was becoming less interested in a job I used to love.
      December 12, 2016 4:30 PM MST

I retired early at 51; that was the minute I could go with full retirement benefits.  I had plans for post retirement and I was ready to get started.  :)
      December 12, 2016 5:55 PM MST