Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » History » How come when black people celebrate our culture white people get mad? But asians, Hispanics etc can celebrate their culture without being questioned about being included?

How come when black people celebrate our culture white people get mad? But asians, Hispanics etc can celebrate their culture without being questioned about being included?

Seriously.I find this strange.

Posted - July 6, 2016

Responses

Wow, sorry to hear that, that's a real shame.

July 6, 2016 3:36 PM MDT

• I don't know. that's why I'm asking.

July 6, 2016 7:22 PM MDT

• None of what I have said is a bald faced lie and that's the thing...I'm not talking about skin color... wtf...would you answer my question and stop trying to divert my question on your own agenda such as only thinking about skin color? Also why would you bring up Mexicans...do you think they're lazy? What are you on right now? Answer the main question. 

July 6, 2016 7:24 PM MDT

July 6, 2016 7:42 PM MDT

• I didn't double down on anything, and you know it. That's a bold face lie that you're telling right there. You're trying to turn a table on me that I didn't start. You started with the skin color and I explained what I meant about black people celebrating culture etc. I even gave you links. Then you refused to accept it. If you don't give a crap about it why even answer this question? What compelled you to want to answer it? You seem to have a haughty notion throughout your whole entire thought process of posts. It seems you're trying to make this question tailor to your own beliefs.  

July 6, 2016 7:50 PM MDT

July 6, 2016 9:41 PM MDT

It is strange. :-/
      July 6, 2016 11:50 AM MDT

I don't think white people get mad because someone is celebrating their culture, if that's all they're doing.

People in general, get mad at double standards, which are exhibited when one race says it's okay to celebrate their culture, but not okay for other cultures to have their own celebration.

July 6, 2016 11:57 AM MDT
  • Moi

It could be because you incorporate looting in your celebrations,  other than that I know of nobody that objects. Here's a thought, have you noticed that your people are being played by somebody that wants to create problems, somebody that plays you as victims? We are exactly who we have made ourselves, meaning we can only be victims if we allow ourselves tone such. Some people rather than dwell on the past move on and do fairly well. I'm not wanting an argument but rather offer you a thought.

July 6, 2016 12:12 PM MDT

• Please explain incorporating looting in our celebrations? What problems are being created? Celebration are usually created from past experiences culture is from thousand our years of tradition...so...in retrospect if one cannot "dwell" on the past, should we forget about the fourth of July? I mean it happened in 1776, the brits lost we don't need to rub it in their face anymore right? So why are you upset that I asked this question? You are validating my point...I am not wanted an argument just an explanation.

July 6, 2016 12:22 PM MDT